300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 man department schedule

I'm in a 3 man dept. and trying to figure out the best overall schedule.

Chief + two patrolman

Anybody have any suggestions????

Hire more officers.
    Cursed with common sense in a world void of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fella View Post
      Hire more officers.

That not being an option

Comment

Do you need 24 hour coverage with only 3 guys?
        If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
        www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Originally posted by SammyCal1 View Post
          Do you need 24 hour coverage with only 3 guys?

Sorry about that..there is 24hr coverage. There is a lot of on call time. 8hrs per shift are spent patrolling.

trying to work it out so everyone get's the whole weekend off per month.

Comment

You need at least 4 people to get 24/7 coverage, and that's with no one ever getting any time off. It's impossible with 3 people.

Comment

Do you have any part-timers? If not about the only obvious solution would be utilizing a weekend call in like detectives in larger dept's. I would be very interested in seeing any workable solutions.

Comment

The three of us live in the city. There is a lot of on call time. I'm trying to spread the on call time around especially on the slow days. (which Most are).

Comment

Wow, I thought we were short handed! Do you have the assistance from the Sheriff's Department or a near by city available for back up?

How about the Chief takes M-F 0800-1600, Officer One takes M-F 1600 -2400, Officer Two takes M-F 0001 - 0800. Each Officer and the Chief takes on call weekend (24-7) Every third week.

Officers on call would be required to be within 25 miles of the city at all times, and be able to be reached via police radio or cell phone.

Compensation for on call weekend paid as a lump sum of say $200.00, if no calls for service are received. Four Hours overtime time and one half to be paid for any call out unless it goes over four hours of work.
                  Rated PG-13

Comment

Dude, you are not serious are you??? Wow, call 911 and get some help!!!!!

Comment

Dissolve the police department, be absorbed by the sheriff's office, probably get much better pay and benefits, get more career opportunities and have better coverage and resources.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

As mentioned above it sounds like you guys need to look at getting a Reserve Officer program together. I don't see how you can do 24 hour shifts with 3 people either. I have worked in small departments most of my career and have been there as the lone man on evening shift serving 5k + people. It's dangerous and will burn you out if it keeps up but it was generally only once in a blue moon with us. Day and evening shifts with on call after midnights sounds like your only viable option until your town council or whatever governing body gets its head out of its *** and gets you guys more people. My condolences!
                        sigpic
                        Moderator Ducati.ms
                        Member Steyr Club
                        Member American Corrado Club

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                          You need at least 4 people to get 24/7 coverage, and that's with no one ever getting any time off. It's impossible with 3 people.
                          You beat me to it.

Comment

With only three people...

You need to dissolve the midnight shift and have officers on standby.
                            You need a standby rate, or else no one will ever come out
                            You need 2 12 hour shifts: 4a-4p & 12p-12a....wait, that won't work.

Sorry, I'm clueless

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

deleted profile
                              Last edited by blackdog797; 08-15-2008, 09:08 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6347 users online. 261 members and 6086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X