300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys carry off-duty in church?

Just wondering how many on here carry off-duty in a church when attending service. I carry just about everywhere except church. Not that I am against it, just that the wife gave me too much of a hard time to the point where I decided against it. I may be rethinking it though. Just wanted to see what your opinions are.
    sigpic Bet they got a ticket for obstructing the rear window. God Bless America!

I don't carry off duty or go to church. If I did go to church though, I still wouldn't carry. Unless of course I thought I might have to take G-ma down for dipping into the collection plate.
    Cursed with common sense in a world void of it!!

Comment

I sure do. You never know where a nut job is going to strike next.

Comment

As long as criminals continue to think Churches are a "target-rich" environment, I'll keep carrying in them.

I went for about two years armed without my wife knowing it...
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

"The Lord helps those who help themselves..."

Comment

Yes I do. All of the LEO at church that I know do as well. There have been more than a few church shootings and I don't really see them as no longer being a target. Of course many of of us have been asked by clergy to carry in light of what happened a few months ago here.

Of course I carry almost everywhere anymore. It's just the smart way to do business anymore. Even if your just a good witness I would rather be a good armed witness and protect my family.
            Last edited by Monkeybomb; 03-05-2008, 08:49 PM.
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Just do a Google for "church shootings." Show it to anyone who nags you about it.

I carry a Kel-Tec .32 with a total of 18 rounds in two mags, all in a holster in my front pocket that gives a square imprint. If someone notices, I can say it's a wallet, although I trust the folks at my church, and very few of them would have a problem with me carrying there.

I'm all for the power of prayer, but I prefer to think that God answers civilian prayers by providing them cops! If it ever happens, I'll be ready.
              If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

If you go without a gun just remeber to say BAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Comment

Originally posted by tick View Post
                  If you go without a gun just remeber to say BAAAAAAAAAAAA.
                  nice one

Comment

In response to the apparent rise in active shooter incidents, my church has implemented a concealed carry usher team, consisting of off duty cops. To combat this very real threat, we now have at least two LEO's placed in strategic locations. Along with LEO's in attendance, we typically have between six and eight "identified" LEO's per service.
                    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Somewhere in the Bible is a passage about; if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and get one...
                      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Anytime I step foot outside my house, my weapon is on me. Its annoying at times but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Comment

Like CityCopDC, I don't leave my house without at least one gun anymore. But long before I started carrying 100% of the time, I always carried in church.

Comment

Yes, if Christ had a Glock he wouldn't have needed to take time to make a scourge of small cords. St. John 2-15 I'm probably going to He!! for that one.

Comment

I feel naked when I even go into HQ without a firearm.
                              Space for rent .........

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6377 users online. 260 members and 6117 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X