300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
    I think Progressive Insurance company is owned by George Soros, or he has a big interest in it. He's a Big Political Player, and takes sides with a lot of people who aren't necessarily Police Friendly.

Actually, its CEO (I googled) is Peter Lewis, who is an associate of Soros. They give about 8 million bucks to the ACLU each year, and funnel money into "progresssive" causes like legalization of recreational drugs, which Lewis particularly champions.

I've had Allstate for years. Got my house there too. Feel like I'm in good hands.
    Thanks for the intel on Soros. I was unaware of the connection. Soros is also a big UN one world government wonk, and he wants our firearms more than Hillary and Bill.

Comment

Damn! Sorry to hear that guys...maybe they love us nevadans!

Comment

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
        Damn! Sorry to hear that guys...maybe they love us nevadans!
        Oh ,you KNOW they love you guys. Wide open spaces means folks with guns.

Comment

Originally posted by POPO-FLA View Post
          any special number you called I tried and they said no discounts
          I am thinking it's a Fl thing because I just called and got the same thing "I've never heard of such a thing."

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
            Not state farm

Tell me about it
            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

just called as well and no discounts for LEO's in MD/DC/VA

However i was pleasently surprised that Verizon does give a 15% off discount on my cell phone

Comment

If you are a veteran or currently in the military, check out USAA insurance. United Services Automobile Association used to be only for officers but its been open to enlisted men for years, now. Not only are the rates way better than anything a civilian insurance company offered me, their customer service is great. They are also ranked high on the lists for "best employer" type stuff and its ran by veterans. I've had them since 2000, when I learned eligibility rules had changed, and have never considered switching.

The only downside is they no longer insure motorcycles. They farm that out and refer you to another agency.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by Jsstritz View Post
                  just called as well and no discounts for LEO's in MD/DC/VA

However i was pleasently surprised that Verizon does give a 15% off discount on my cell phone
                  Nor in PA..can't even get a motorcycle saftey class discount here....
                  Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

I just signed up with Geico today. No LEO discount, but I was told that once I completed the EVOC in the academy I would get a discount as a "professionally trained driver." Everyone might check into that.
                    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                    -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                      I just found out they give LEO's a discount. So for all you with Progressive I thought id let you know! Call em up! I got 50 bucks off my monthly bill. Felt this is something to share

So much for GEICO

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
                        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
                        I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico. It only took 15 minutes.

No not really they quoted me higher than Progressive and Allstate.

Comment

i've had allstate for over a year now....they give me like 40-50 bucks every six months for their "good hands people"....also their rates just outright blew everyone elses out of the water....15 mins saved me well over 20%....i would check them out

Comment

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Progressive about your policy.

I received your inquiry regarding a policy discount for being a police officer or for completing a defensive driving course. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not offer a specific policy discount for being a police officer or for completing a defensive driving course.

However, we may be able to adjust your rate if any of the following apply:

- Do you own a home (this includes condominiums, townhouses, duplexes, and triplexes)?
                            - What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE (1-800-776-4737). Our licensed Customer Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.

Sincerely,

Cory E.
                            Progressive Internet Representative

Comment

[QUOTE=occ;1393808]Dear xxxxxx,

- What is the highest level of education that you have achieved?

WTF? What does education level have to do with car insurance?

This kind of garbage is why I left Progressive several years ago. At the time I was paying nearly $220 per month in premiums on only my vehicle and I have a flawless driving record. I went to an insurance agency and got hooked up with a smaller local company and my premiums went down to $110 per month for the same coverage. I asked why Progressive would charge double what they did and he told me that Progressive uses so many extra factors in their calculations (such as education level, credit history, etc) that can very quickly and improperly jack the rates up. They're pretty much worthless and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Comment

I've been shopping for car insurance recently. The first place I went to got the information needed for a credit check. The agent said several companies are doing that now. Apparently, they are correlating high risk with bad credit, as well as lack of education.

In some ways, I can understand this, in other ways, not.

As you all know, those of us with spotless driving records and no claims have to "pay" for those have two or three wrecks a year. We all pay higher rates because of them. In that respect, if they can weed out the ones that are likely to cause us to have rate increases, I'm all for that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2440 users online. 175 members and 2265 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X