Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone in my agency from the chief commissioner down has the same badge. ID cards show rank. Detectives for some reason get yellow ID cards instead of blue.

Comment

We do not separate our detectives from our other officers. We call them Police Officers, Corporals, Sergeants, and so on. Their rank is what is on their badge.

Comment

If we want anything other than a "Deputy" badge, we're welcome to go buy one with Office permission.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Supervisors are supervisors in my agency so their badge doesn't change other than their rank. If a sergeant or lieutenant has any desire to do some actual investigation, they just do it. They don't need a badge saying they are an investigator.

Comment

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Regular Members are ALL issued gold-plated badges with their Regimental Number engraved and blue enamelled on same, but do NOT include any rank designation. Rank is only displayed on our Service (day to day), Review (parade / post-card picture) and Walking Out (wedding, formal dinner) Order uniforms (S: epaulette sleeves on shirts and jackets; R & WO: cloth or metallic thread on sleeves for non-commissioned officers, metal devices or gold cord on boards on epaulletes).

The plain-clothes types are most notable by their better-than-the-masses attitude and demeanour they disdainfully display to the rest of us (in other words, as bad as, or worse than, every other Service / Department / Force / Agency in the world!)
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

In my agency rank badges are the same regardless of the assignment. The only difference is Detectives get a badge that says Investigator instead. We used to have badges for Det Sgt, Lt, Capt etc but I think they did away with them around 30 years ago.

Comment

The only difference we have is the shield #. Bottom to top, they're all the same.
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3193 users online. 226 members and 2967 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X