300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught a murderer.

So I went to work yesterday morning and the Sgt. wanted to hold a safety check. We set up at 0800 and with in 45 minutes the back of my car was full and I was on my way to the jail. While en route to the jail, I saw that the city units had a large area taped off so after I dropped off my arestees, I went back to see what they had. I typicaly dont scan on my radio because we have enough traffic on our channels to drive me nuts.

So I get out with them and they explain to me that thye had a murder sometime in the wee hours. The best thing that could possibly happen in a murder, it was video recorded by a security camera by the building they were behind. So, they had a great discription of the perp. I went back to the safety check and passed on the perp information to our units and the safety check was over and everyone was on a mission! Now, you may ask why the city had not put out an offical BOLO, I wonder too. It just seems to me that the County and the City just does not always mesh as though I think they should.

Anyhoo, most of the units were consintrating on the area near the crime scene, a couple hours went by and no luck yet. However, there were a few people that were walking the streets that had warrants on them that went to jail during the process. Well, just by luck, one of our guys saw someone walking down one of the main streets in the city but a little ways away from the crime scene. I got out with him too and It was the guy! He even still had blood on the knife he used and had a cut finger. He changed his shirt, as I assume it was bloody and I asked him to take off his shoes as the killer was wearing socks, his socks were still bloody.

This kid was 19 years old and a drifter. I would guess that if he had not ever done this before and gotten away with this crime, we would have done it again. Thank god for the video, if it had not been for that we may have not ever solved this one.

Good job bro.. Alot of times we dont get our man, but it feels really good when we do. I hope the scum gets whats coming to him.. Keep up the good work.
    Patience is a rare quality when dealing with the ignorance of others.

Comment

Outstanding. Enjoy this one as it will offset the many that just never seem to happen like they should.
      "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who have died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived." ~ General George Patton

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is thus shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." ~ Robert Kennedy

Comment

Great work! Twenty or thirty more of these offsets one "Oh s**t!" Making an arrest for the worst violation of them all is a pleasure most of us don't get to enjoy very often. Savor the moment!
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Nice catch!
          I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
            Twenty or thirty more of these offsets one "Oh s**t!"
            Don't count on it!

But, as he said, savor the moment. Schweet, very schweet! Great job!

I had one smoking-gun homicide arrest, off-duty. That guy did seven years for manslaughter. And in 1985, I took down a guy who still sits on CA's death row. He poisoned two women, one died. Too bad, he'll likely outlive us all.
            Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-28-2007, 01:43 AM.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Quick thinking and good eyes! Good one.
              "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Guys like that give drifters a bad name!!

Comment

Great work, congrats!

One of my best pinches was literally coming around the corner and interrupting a shooting in progress. I bailed from my cruiser and drew down on the 19 yr old shooter and proned him out...it took all of 30 seconds from start to finish. I got all sorts of pats on the back and a commendation but it was really just dumb luck on my part...
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Way to go. Nice work.

Comment

Nice Job!!
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop View Post
                        Great work, congrats!

One of my best pinches was literally coming around the corner and interrupting a shooting in progress. I bailed from my cruiser and drew down on the 19 yr old shooter and proned him out...it took all of 30 seconds from start to finish. I got all sorts of pats on the back and a commendation but it was really just dumb luck on my part...
                        Hey man, the dumb luck works just fine,who's gonna tell?
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop View Post
                          Great work, congrats!

Hey bro old saying I love is "its better to be lucky than good!". Good or great can take you but so far. Luck can take you further and maybe save your life!

By the way, Good Job!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3859 users online. 217 members and 3642 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X