NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alec Baldwin charged with Manslaughter...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol.

She didn't commit "...manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony..."

And she didn't commit "...manslaughter committed...in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection."

She didn't commit manslaughter ("...the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.") at all, because she didn't kill anybody.

If this is going over your head, try standing on a step ladder.
    Last edited by Aidokea; 01-23-2023, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
      Lol.
      ctober
      She didn't commit "...manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony..."

And she didn't commit "...manslaughter committed...in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection."

She didn't commit manslaughter ("...the unlawful killing of a human being without malice." at all, because she didn't kill anybody.

If this is going over your head, try standing on a step ladder.
      Dude. The incident occurred on October 21, 2021. The charges were announced after 16 MONTHS of investigations by multiple agencies and entities.

But YOU somehow determined that the N.M. statute doesn't apply?

Keep digging.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

What makes you think that she is being charged because "she loaded a firearm and handed it to someone"? That's not what happened here.

There's plenty of information publicly available detailing the incident, the armorer's involvement, as well as the nature of the charges and the general reasoning behind them. Try Google.
        There's a good chance that your own reading comprehension is suffering for as confident as you are whilst also being inaccurate in the information you're providing and are trying to insinuate in your response to me. Its frustrating that your immediate reaction is to allude to your inaccurate assessment that nobody else knows what they're talking about and they need to read more, rather than engaging in an civilized conversation or admitting that your own information is inaccurate. Obviously I wouldn't be reading and writing here if I hadn't read into the incident. Suggesting that I should try Google is merely you trying to be clever and condescending, rather than once again just engaging in the conversation like everyone else is. Its immature at best and its very common in modern day politics. "You either agree with me, or you're wrong and offensive/stupid." That train of thought is malignant, as previously mentioned.

The armorer is in charge of the weapons for the set. Ignorance is no excuse to kill someone, and that's precisely why the charge of involuntary manslaughter exists and is appropriate for Mr. Baldwin. That is simple. I don't expect that that simple explanation will change your train of thought, so I reckon we will agree to disagree.

My department has personnel who are firearms instructors. At one point, I was a cadet relying on them to provide me with a firearm that was loaded so that I could shoot it. They provided me with a loaded firearm. Whether I knew it was loaded or not, I treated it like a loaded firearm like they told me to. Had I pointed it at someone and unintentionally pulled the trigger killing them, it would be appropriate for me in that situation to be arrested. This is no different.

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          He's been banned before, for making personal attacks. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, so he'll probably say something stupid enough to get himself banned again at some point.

• Captain Adams
          Captain Adams commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not surprising

Originally posted by Captain Adams View Post

There's a good chance that your own reading comprehension is suffering for as confident as you are whilst also being inaccurate in the information you're providing and are trying to insinuate in your response to me. Its frustrating that your immediate reaction is to allude to your inaccurate assessment that nobody else knows what they're talking about and they need to read more, rather than engaging in an civilized conversation or admitting that your own information is inaccurate. Obviously I wouldn't be reading and writing here if I hadn't read into the incident. Suggesting that I should try Google is merely you trying to be clever and condescending, rather than once again just engaging in the conversation like everyone else is. Its immature at best and its very common in modern day politics. "You either agree with me, or you're wrong and offensive/stupid." That train of thought is malignant, as previously mentioned.

The armorer is in charge of the weapons for the set. Ignorance is no excuse to kill someone, and that's precisely why the charge of involuntary manslaughter exists and is appropriate for Mr. Baldwin. That is simple. I don't expect that that simple explanation will change your train of thought, so I reckon we will agree to disagree.

My department has personnel who are firearms instructors. At one point, I was a cadet relying on them to provide me with a firearm that was loaded so that I could shoot it. They provided me with a loaded firearm. Whether I knew it was loaded or not, I treated it like a loaded firearm like they told me to. Had I pointed it at someone and unintentionally pulled the trigger killing them, it would be appropriate for me in that situation to be arrested. This is no different.
        Have you ever heard of more than one person being charged in the same incident? (rhetorical question) Or someone being charged with a serious offense and having the charges downgraded later? (also a rhetorical question)

Baldwin's conduct doesn't automatically absolve everyone else of any culpability. As previously stated, the assistant director who handed Baldwin the loaded gun has already agreed to a plea deal to avoid more serious charges. He didn't pull the trigger either.

Comment

• NolaT
          NolaT commented
          Editing a comment
          He certainly felt or was advised that the plea deal was the better route,…..

• NolaT
          NolaT commented
          Editing a comment
          Baldwin claims that he did NOT ever pull the trigger, only pointed the weapon and that it fired itself,……..

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Have you ever heard of more than one person being charged in the same incident? (rhetorical question) Or someone being charged with a serious offense and having the charges downgraded later? (also a rhetorical question)

Baldwin's conduct doesn't automatically absolve everyone else of any culpability. As previously stated, the assistant director who handed Baldwin the loaded gun has already agreed to a plea deal to avoid more serious charges. He didn't pull the trigger either.
        I'm not exactly sure why he felt that a plea deal was the better route. They pay folks that know more than I do to consult about stuff like that. But, that's their decision to make in the moment. As far as the trigger being pulled, the FBI disagreed with Mr. Baldwin's statement after a forensic analysis of the weapon proved that it could not have fired unless the trigger was pulled.

Whatever the case, obviously a plea deal was offered and I would assume it was an attractive one especially after the FBI released the forensic analysis of the firearm that suggested the trigger had to have been pulled. This would also suggest that Mr. Baldwin was lying about not having pulled it. I wonder why a suspect would lie in a criminal investigation? That's unprecedented. Then he tried to successfully use the armorer as a scape goat. I'm not suggesting that she's totally innocent, but to suggest that there's probable cause to charge her with involuntary manslaughter is reaching in my opinion.

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and it was a single-action revolver, so he also had to manually cock the hammer all the way back before he pulled the trigger.

To clarify: I was referring to the assistant director, David Halls, having plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of "negligent use of a deadly weapon" to avoid more serious charges. My point was that someone can be charged in this incident without having been the one who fired the fatal shot. I wasn't referring to Baldwin's claim that he did not pull the trigger.

As far as the armorer is concerned, my only statement is that the prosecution announced its intent to charge her with involuntary manslaughter. Whether a judge will allow those charges to even go forward is another question. Do I personally believe that she will be found guilty of that particular charge? Absolutely not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2438 users online. 134 members and 2304 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X