NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alec Baldwin charged with Manslaughter...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Baldwin charged with Manslaughter...

...finally...

Treat every firearm as if it's loaded bud. Keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to shoot. Basic stuff.

I'm sure his lawyer will get him out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by clof2001 View Post
      Treat every firearm as if it's loaded bud. Keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to shoot. Basic stuff.

I'm sure his lawyer will get him out of it.
      I didn’t know movie props guns were real and that live rounds are on movie sets.

Comment

With the “prop” being used for target practice during breaks,……..

Comment

• GoldBadge
          GoldBadge commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. Obviously, I didn’t know this.

When you have a Gun Master who can’t figure out how a firearm works but gets a job based on daddy…there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          When you have a Gun Master who can’t figure out how a firearm works but gets a job based on daddy…there you go.
          Baldwin was the producer- he's the one that hired her. Baldwin was also the one that chose to use real firearms.

From what I've read, the chain of custody between her and Baldwin was broken when she was excluded from the set, and the assistant director took custody of the firearm- he was the one that handed it to Baldwin.​

It doesn't make any difference anyway- 100% of the responsibility for a firearm, transfers with the possession of the firearm. Once Baldwin had the firearm, he bacame 100% responsible for what he did with it. It doesn't matter if a thousand people checked the firearm before Baldwin had it- once he had possession of it, it was entirely his responsibility to check to see if it was loaded.

The bottom line, is that Baldwin chose to ignore every basic rule of firearms safety, intentionally pointed a firearm at an innocent human being, manually cocked the hammer back, then pulled the trigger and killed her. If he had chosen to obey any one of the basic rules of firearms safety, he wouldn't have shot anyone.
          Last edited by Aidokea; 01-21-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I plead ignorance. Do they use real firearms on all or most movie sets?

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by Aidokea; 01-20-2023, 02:47 PM.

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
            I plead ignorance. Do they use real firearms on all or most movie sets?
            It can be any combination of live firearms, inert firearms, blank-firing firearms, replica firearms, rubber dummy guns, CG, green screen, and so on, and they may switch back and forth between any and all of those methods, before weaving it together during editing.

But the basic rules of firearms safety ALWAYS apply- the movie industry does not exist in some alternate dimension where rich prima donnas can vicariously absolve themselves of responsibility by hiring a gun wrangler.​

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Baldwin was the producer- he's the one that hired her. Baldwin was also the one that chose to use real firearms.

From what I've read, the chain of custody between her and Baldwin was broken when she was excluded from the set, and the assistant director took custody of the firearm- he was the one that handed it to Baldwin.​

It doesn't make any difference anyway- 100% of the responsibility for a firearm, transfers with the possession of the firearm. Once Baldwin had the firearm, he bacame 100% responsible for what he did with it. It doesn't matter if a thousand people checked the firearm before Baldwin had it- once he had possession of it, it was entirely his responsibility to check to see if it was loaded.

The bottom line, is that Baldwin chose to ignore every basic rule of firearms safety, intentionally pointed a firearm at an innocent human being, then pulled the trigger and killed her. If he had chosen to obey any one of the basic rules of firearms safety, he wouldn't have shot anyone.
              She got the job because her Daddy was some “expert” and trained her. She EPICALLY failed in doing her job.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                Baldwin is the one that hired her.

A lot of people love Baldwin. He's going to be cast as one of the victims, and he is going to play his part well.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

She got the job because her Daddy was some “expert” and trained her. She EPICALLY failed in doing her job.
                So what are you going to charge her with- not being good with guns? That's not a crime.

She may very well be an idiot, but she's not the one that pointed a firearm at the victim, manually cocked the hammer back, put his finger on the trigger, and then pulled it.
                Last edited by Aidokea; 01-21-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                  A lot of people love Baldwin. He's going to be cast as one of the victims, and he is going to play his part well.
                  He's been attempting to assume that role ever since he killed that woman. It would be good for us to remember that he's a professional actor.

Comment

I have no problem with entertainers making obscene amounts of money. At the moment, free enterprise is still a thing. If the market allows their making a ton of cash, so be it.

What bugs me, is the societal obsession with celebrity and the hero worship of individuals that, as a rule, are narcissistic nannies. They earn their stature and wealth while pretending to be cops, firefighters, nurses, teachers, soldiers, tradesmen, etc. They are by no means knowledgeable of these fields.

There are a few examples of entertainers that appear to have their heads screwed on straight. Gary Sinise might be one example. Baldwin is not.

The fact that Baldwin immediately claimed to never having pulled the trigger, that this tragedy was somehow everyone else's fault, speaks volumes to his lack of character.

I believe that the vast majority of entertainers are radically liberal for a number of reasons. They may feel guilty about making so much money that they want to appear compassionate. Perhaps they're fearful of going against the Hollywood grain. Maybe it's as simple as their constant desire to be the center of attention.

The current war on cops has been fomented and maintained in large part by the Hollywood elite.

It's disgusting.

Comment

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you're running for office, you've got my vote.

Originally posted by Joe2845 View Post
                    I have no problem with entertainers making obscene amounts of money. At the moment, free enterprise is still a thing. If the market allows their making a ton of cash, so be it.

What bugs me, is the societal obsession with celebrity and the hero worship of individuals that, as a rule, are narcissistic nannies. They earn their stature and wealth while pretending to be cops, firefighters, nurses, teachers, soldiers, tradesmen, etc. They are by no means knowledgeable of these fields.

There are a few examples of entertainers that appear to have their heads screwed on straight. Gary Sinise might be one example. Baldwin is not.

The fact that Baldwin immediately claimed to never having pulled the trigger, that this tragedy was somehow everyone else's fault, speaks volumes to his lack of character.

I believe that the vast majority of entertainers are radically liberal for a number of reasons. They may feel guilty about making so much money that they want to appear compassionate. Perhaps they're fearful of going against the Hollywood grain. Maybe it's as simple as their constant desire to be the center of attention.

The current war on cops has been fomented and maintained in large part by the Hollywood elite.

It's disgusting.
                    There is a cultural problem in America that has existed for several generations, in which the general public doesn't know the difference between what a celebrity is, and what a hero is. Alec Baldwin is a celebrity. Audie Murphy was a hero.

I lived and worked in a place that was a popular destination to celebrities, so I've had to deal with them a lot. The vast majority of celebrities are out of touch with reality and tremendously entitled, expecting and often demanding preferential treatment. The best way I've found to deal with that attitude, is to deadpan "Who?" when they announce who they are, and then continue to conduct myself as if I've never heard of them. It really takes the wind out of their sails when they realize that their celebrity status has zero influence on the outcome of the contact.

Comment

• Joe2845
                      Joe2845 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't forget to include Jimmy Stewart on the list of heroes. The guy flew 20 bombing runs over Germany in a B-24 and one Arc Light mission over North Vietnam in a B-52.
                      Last edited by Joe2845; 01-21-2023, 01:21 PM.

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ...and President George H.W. Bush for his highly decorated service as a combat pilot during WWII.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

So what are you going to charge her with- not being good with guns? That's not a crime.

She may very well be an idiot, but she's not the one that pointed a firearm at the victim, manually cocked the hammer back, put his finger on the trigger, and then pulled it.
                    Manslaughter. She contributed to the death. It’s a LEGAL thing that street cops might not understand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3039 users online. 139 members and 2900 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X