300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Gifts

I’m a new sergeant and I’d like to get the guys on my squad something for Christmas. Does anyone have any ideas?

Think back to what You would have enjoyed.

Comment

I make little individual bags (from Dollar Tree) and put personalized cards and snacks in them. You don't need to buy presents; it is a token of appreciation. Don't forget your dispatchers.

Comment

A buddy of mine (now retired) was a station commander. Every year he had crystal like (hard clear plastic) Christmas tree ornaments made for every officer at his station that were laser engraved with the name of the agency, their station and the year on them. They cost him $3 each (that was 10 year ago) and were very beautiful. I just got off the phone with him and he said he will look for the contact info for the manufacturer when he gets home tonight.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Beer.

Good beer.

Comment

I've done all kinds of things through the years...mini breaker/pry bars, pens with window breaker ends, bottle breachers with customized names. Other Sgts have done bail-out bags or t-shirts. I had a Chief who got everyone a bottle of liquor every year (he was a good chief). It's more about showing your officers that they're appreciated and remembered (both as individuals and as a shift) than necessarily something expensive or flashy.
            "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
            -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Our Sheriff buys everyone a lottery ticket and sends out a personalized card of thanks every Christmas
              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                Our Sheriff buys everyone a lottery ticket and sends out a personalized card of thanks every Christmas
                I think that's a perfect gift.

Comment

Sent you a PM
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    That's what I did every year as an Lt.

I gave them a greeting card, Starbucks gift card, and a lottery ticket. The card said something like "Thank you for your hard work this past year. As a token of my appreciation, here is a chance at retirement."

Nobody ever got to retire, but one year an officer won 25K. Couldn't have happened at a better time as his wife had just given birth to preemie twins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3522 users online. 241 members and 3281 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X