300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done being a cop

Delete. Writing everything out helped my frustrations.
    Last edited by TheOtherGuys20; 09-07-2022, 12:34 AM.

OK,……..good luck

Comment

Gotta be quicker next time...

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGuys20 View Post
        Understandable

Comment

We all need to vent from time to time.

-I've had enough of the civil war talk. Alarmists on YouTube and pundits on TV love to predict an epic future battle between MAGA nation and non-binary wokesters for the soul of our country. News flash: we are not headed towards civil war. 100% on that. Despite our differences, we're too inter-twined. Plus, people are busy watching Tik Tok and working side hustles to pay for $5 gallons of milk and $10 whole chickens. They last thing anyone has time for right now is combat with neighbors.

Not that the future is clear skies and gentle breezes. We are a declining society with stark divisions. More liklely we'll descend into a hybrid of Northern Ireland in the 1970s and contemporary South Africa: a disfunctional democracy with low simmering tensions leading to sporadic incidents of political violence. Which, in all candor, isn't exactly new territory for us, is it? (see: McVeigh, Timothy)

-My one year old brittany spaniel eats her own excrement. It's disgusting to watch her evacuate in the yard then immediately eat what dropped. When I yell at her to stop, she'll stop but ten minutes later she'll return to finish it off. I've even witnessed her vomit her recently eaten poop, then hours later eat the vomit. The only thing grosser is the two women and a cup video from back in the day.

The vet prescribed special pills, but the results so far have been very underwhelming.

-Searching for a real job has been a huge hassle. I'll spare you the details, but after working for the G, I thought I was done with skeevy people in positions of power doing shady things during the hiring process. I was wrong. And there's not much you can do about it, other than shrug your shoulders and move on to something else.

-This year and into next, the following music acts toured:

Rolling Stones
          The Who
          Eric Clapton
          Paul McCartney
          Billy Joel
          Bob Dylan
          Grateful Dead
          Elton John
          Gordon Lightfoot
          Bruce Springsteen

Mark my words when I say in two years this list will be half and in five years, maybe only one classic rock act will still be around. And it stinks because who will fill their shoes for a big rock show? It will be impenetrable sludge like Korn and Limp Bizkit... freakazoids like Rammstein .... deflated has-beens like Motley Crue and Kid Rock... miserable noise like Smashing Pumpkins and Dave Mathews.... Ugh.

Like I said, we all need to vent from time to time.
          A leader without followers is just a man taking a walk.

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
            NYPDpoQNS commented
            Editing a comment
            Let it out brother . Let it out

I think Ratatatat is right on a lot of points. Unlike most Western democracies, our system is set up to give power to the extremes. We don't have proportional representation or a multi-party system that requires coalition building. Most politicians fear being primaried, so they play to the base. Luckily some places are instituting things like Rank Choice voting to curb extremism.

That being said, this civil war talk is nonsense. Despite the news, most Americans are not full-on MAGA morons or leftist wokesters. Those idiots get a lot of airtime because they are crazy, and crazy equals ratings. Most Americans want common sense solutions on health care, abortion, guns, climate change, etc. Nothing gets done because politicians represent the uber-conservative or uber-liberal interests. Just look at the gun control debate or climate change. With guns, the argument is framed that you either need to be on the side that thinks every American has the right to own a bazooka or 50 cal S.A.W., or you are a Communist who wants to get rid of the 2nd Amendment. With climate change, it's either you think it's "fake news" or we are all going to die next year. It's the way that the arguments are framed that gives rise to divisiveness. My .02
          Last edited by AGInvestigator; 09-11-2022, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Without typing everything out again, it basically just came down to not being worth it anymore. Not willing to go to jail or be financially ruined by some idiot with a political agenda, or killed by some idiot I’ve already arrested ten times on gun charges, but let back out on PR bonds each time.

Had a buddy killed in the line of duty last year and a few more friends in OISs going through the ringer right now. What’s the point?

Just want to lead a normal life and get back to being happy. It’s been a month and I’m starting to feel like a human again.

Comment

Without typing everything out again, it basically just came down to not being worth it anymore. Not willing to go to jail or be financially ruined by some idiot with a political agenda, or killed by some idiot I’ve already arrested ten times on gun charges, but let back out on PR bonds each time.

Had a buddy killed in the line of duty last year and a few more friends in OISs going through the ringer right now. What’s the point?

Just want to lead a normal life and get back to being happy. It’s been a month and I’m starting to feel like a human again.
              Do what's best for you. Only one life to live, don't lose your family or own mental health for this job. 100% not worth it, and yes, most of the time when $hit hits the fan, your own people will not back you.

Guys who were at my department 30 years and retired a few months ago...got a nice plaque to put on the wall and a pizza lunch in the squad room, but they were all replaced a week later by someone else. Gone not but forgotten, I'm sure they're all happier doing anything but cop stuff.

Good luck!

Comment

I wish you well.

Did you quit, or have you just taken a month off?

Are/were you APD? If so, I totally understand.

2022 is a great time in history, to not be a cop, ESPECIALLY in Democrat-controlled cities.
                Last edited by Aidokea; 09-12-2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3599 users online. 239 members and 3360 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X