300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheTick View Post
    She'd be toast here. Our policy says that surreptitious/accidental recordings cannot be used for discipline. But, she jackpotted herself because she activated the recording herself when she turned her lights on.
    …and nobody is arguing that if there’s a policy or general order that was violated, she shouldn’t be disciplined. The question, is: does such an order or policy exist? There isn’t one at my department. It would have to be said where someone could hear it, citizen or fellow employee, because there would have to be a complaint.

Also, when our cameras are activated the previous two minutes of video is added to the recording, but not the audio. Audio only starts at the point where the camera is activated.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
    Looks like the OP got himself banned.
    Always thought it was appropriate that he used Bobby Knight as his avatar…
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 08-01-2022, 11:42 PM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Does anyone think that her behavior brought discredit upon her department? Would that be worthy of discipline?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        Does anyone think that her behavior brought discredit upon her department? Would that be worthy of discipline?
        Nope. The discredit was brought by the supervisor who went looking for an excuse. If she accidentally took a dump on camera and the supervisor brought that to everyone’s attention, does she get disciplined as if she had intentionally taken the dump in public?

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Bigfoot1020
          Bigfoot1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          She will most likely not be credible in Court due to her perceived bias.

That could certas be used for discipline / termination with a non civil service job. With a typical SO, that’s enough for termination. We work at the pleasure / will of the Sheriff.

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          Still trying to wrap my brain around "at will" cops with no union protections.

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
        Who?

I always assumed he was just using a picture of himself...

Comment

That’s pretty much standard down here with a SO, hire, promote, and fire at will, the pleasure of the Sheriff.

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow.......

How would a phrase, said outside of earshot of any other living person, bring discredit to her department? If the department decided to release that information publicly, then they would be (at least) equally responsible for any discredit. If they had not, it would have basically constituted nothing more than a fleeting thought said aloud.

This incident MAY be grounds for counseling or low-level discipline to document that the department doesn't condone racial bias. If there were other incidents indicating racial bias, maybe this could show the previous counseling has not been effective and they MIGHT be justified in elevating the level of discipline. But, barring any physical manifestations of racism or complaints of the same from members by the public, it's little more than an inappropriate thought.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It's all good. She's not racially biased. Rap music is to blame.

“Officer Valentino believed she had been desensitized by music and hearing people talk on the street,” the report said. “Constant exposure has allowed this slur to slip into Officer Valentino’s vernacular.”

Comment

Glad to know that we are such protectors of common decency around here.

Comment

When did we start a discussion about "protecting common decency?" We're discussing the actions of an officer and whether they constitute an offense that justifies discipline (and, if so, to what degree).
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

She’s certainly wishing she would have just tooted the horn I’m sure,……

Comment

Overreact much..?

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

…and nobody is arguing that if there’s a policy or general order that was violated, she shouldn’t be disciplined. The question, is: does such an order or policy exist? There isn’t one at my department. It would have to be said where someone could hear it, citizen or fellow employee, because there would have to be a complaint.

Also, when our cameras are activated the previous two minutes of video is added to the recording, but not the audio. Audio only starts at the point where the camera is activated.

I agree completely. I'm just saying that, for us, she muddied the waters by activating her own camera by turning on her lights. It's not like they went digging through the thumb drive of her dvr to find the "unrecorded" video/audio. She recorded it herself essentially by taking police action by turning on her lights. It's different than activating your camera sitting in Roll Call while dicking around at shift change (at least it is for us).

I'm curious as to what she did when she realized she recorded herself and knew what she said. That would be more telling than anything else.

But, we also don't need to be deep-diving into the thought-police side of things. I'm quite certain that some people calling for her head know full well how ****ed they'd be if they had a recording at an inopportune time. Never anything racial, but I've been accidentally recorded (I hope it was accidental) plenty of times saying stuff that would cause the general public to cringe. Let he who is perfect cast the first stone...

If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinn...ntino/40711054

So......how is she going to keep her job after this?
                        After all these years OP is still a jerk.
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

And now the heavily redacted video

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=79icl4

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3003 users online. 188 members and 2815 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X