Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the officer has quite a history of troubling behavior.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/03/24/cin...turns-violent/

Updated: Mar. 23, 2020 at 9:48 PM EDT MORGAN TOWNSHIP, Ohio (FOX19) - A Cincinnati police officer and her sister were arrested on charges of domestic violence and criminal damaging after an argument at a card game turned violent, according to the Butler County Sheriff’s Office.

Rose Valentino, 38, and her sister, Angela Hauger, 43, are accused of hitting each other with fists and repeatedly striking the hood of each other’s vehicles with an umbrella, according to criminal complaints filed in Butler County Area I Court.

Valentino faces an additional charge of assault. She is accused of punching a male relative of Hauger’s, the complaint states.

Both women had swollen eyes, an incident report states.

They were booked into the county jail early Sunday and held without bond until video arraignments Monday, court and jail records show.

The sisters were released on their own recognizance. They are scheduled to appear in Butler County Area 1 Court at 1 p.m. Thursday.
    [...]
    A sheriff’s report indicates deputies suspected Valentino and Hauger’s male relative had used alcohol but not Hauger.

Valentino’s police powers have been suspended, and she is assigned to an administrative assignment pending the outcome of the court proceedings, according to Cincinnati police.
    [...]

She also was one of three Cincinnati police officers named, along with the city of Cincinnati, in a federal lawsuit filed last year by a realtor and prospective homebuyer. The men alleged they were illegally detained after a retired Cincinnati officer called 911 to report a break-in.

Three days after the suit was filed, the city of Cincinnati apologized and announced a $151,000 settlement.
    After the drunken domestic violence incident, she probably should have lost her ability to carry a firearm and been terminated. Instead, she pled guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct and agreed to anger management classes. Evidently, those classes didn't work....

Comment

Cmon guys. It's not her fault and she shouldn't lose her job or suffer any consequences. Hopefully she gets a desk job away from the public. I can't even say that with a straight face. She caught catch with her hand in the racist cookie jar. And she shouldn't be a cop after that.

Comment

She sounds a lot like my ex.....
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

This ^^^^^^^

Comment

Or the OP…

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, shots fired...

You two,……..

Comment

Here is a fact: Every Police Officer in this Country would be terminated if all their thoughts were exposed. Every single one, and if you’re saying to yourself not me, you’re full of ****.

Comment

Looks like the OP got himself banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot1020 View Post
                  Here is a fact: Every Police Officer in this Country would be terminated if all their thoughts were exposed. Every single one, and if you’re saying to yourself not me, you’re full of ****.
                  Exactly. How many of us can deny making disparaging comments about the caller with obvious mental health issues after we've responded for the 20th time because their neighbors are shooting brain rays into their refrigerators? Or expressing their feelings about the theft victim who leaves their vehicle unlocked, only to have their expensive property (cash, laptops, guns) stolen? Or expressed the frustration when you get sent to the same residence over and over for a domestic when the victim repeatedly drops charges, doesn't show for court, and takes their abuser back? How many of us are on cruiser cam yelling and cursing at the driver in front of us who doesn't understand the basic concept of lights and sirens?

I'll bet every officer with a little time under their belt has vented their frustration in a way that would likely get us strung up if it were face-to-face with the public. This officer just happened to make the mortal sin of uttering a racist comment, which we all know is the greatest of modern American social and political offenses. None of the above behaviors is necessarily correct, but imho actions speak louder than words (especially when the words are muttered in private).
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

She'd be toast here. Our policy says that surreptitious/accidental recordings cannot be used for discipline. But, she jackpotted herself because she activated the recording herself when she turned her lights on.

As far as what she said... should she be canned? I don't know, there's a lot of subjectivity to that. But, she should be open to discipline. You can't be doing **** like that. Regardless of what discipline she gets, it's a gross thing to say. Plain and simple. Honestly, I think a legitimate course of action would be to speak to the black officers she works with and consider their input. I'm not going to be offended for them, the aggrieved party can weigh in. I personally don't give a flying-French F*** when I've been called racial slurs at work, but they also weren't said by my co-workers... well... other than shift change anyway.
                    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                      Looks like the OP got himself banned.

what did we miss?

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post

what did we miss?
                        We're not missing his anti-cop tone...

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post

what did we miss?
                          In his fight against racially discriminatory remarks, he called CCCSD a name that could be interpreted as being racially discriminatory.
                          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Aidokea
                            Aidokea commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lol........

Funny how that happens,……..

Comment

Then there was this:

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                            Trust me boy, I know...
                            Last edited by Aidokea; 07-30-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2205 users online. 139 members and 2066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X