300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Chiefs pay nation wide

Does anyone have the national average pay for Chiefs of Police?

Its budget time

I guess it would depend on what size agency your talking about. Around me it can go from $35k to over a $100k.

Comment

I would like the National average.

Comment

Job Valuation Report
        A typical Sheriff/Police Chief working in the United States earns a median base salary of $90,533, according to our analysis of data reported by corporate HR departments. Half of the people in this job earn between $85,478 and $96,028. Alternate job titles include: Deputy, Sheriff, Chief of Police, Police Chief.

I got that off of salary.com

My chief makes 120 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by lionheart45 View Post
          Job Valuation Report
          A typical Sheriff/Police Chief working in the United States earns a median base salary of $90,533, according to our analysis of data reported by corporate HR departments. Half of the people in this job earn between $85,478 and $96,028. Alternate job titles include: Deputy, Sheriff, Chief of Police, Police Chief.

I got that off of salary.com

My chief makes 120 a year.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Biggamehunter View Post
            I would like the National average.
            Then learn to google, sheesh!
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Our Director's salary is undisclosed. However the second in command, the Deputy Director is at 128k or so.
              sigpic

Comment

Ours makes 90k which is less then what our Lt's and Capt's make.
                I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Comment

International Association of Chiefs of Police

Search this site for the data you are seeking. If you cannot find it, contact the IACP and they may provide that data to you.

http://www.theiacp.org/
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

i'm pretty sure most chiefs in CA make at least $100k

Comment

The AVERAGE salary will vary just like the HUGE variance in the pay of police throughout the U.S. Some make $7 per hour, while others earn $70 per hour. There are approximately 15,000 police/sheriff's departments inthe United States. Even though we always think BIG like LAPD, NYPD, etc, an overwhelming vast majority of police/sheriff's departments are VERY small, with 15 or less officers (who on average make less than $25K per year). I'm guessing you could count the number of police chiefs in states like Nebraska making 100K or more on one hand. Now if we are talking big city (NYC, LA, SFO, CHI, MIA, etc.) or California chief's of police, then you will see those $100K salaries...

Comment

Originally posted by a320az View Post
                        Our Director's salary is undisclosed. However the second in command, the Deputy Director is at 128k or so.
                        He's a public employee - shouldn't take too much digging to find it.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

This data is from Salary.com.

Job Valuation Report
                          A typical Sheriff/Police Chief working in the United States earns a median base salary of $90,533, according to our analysis of data reported by corporate HR departments. Half of the people in this job earn between $85,478 and $96,028. Alternate job titles include: Deputy, Sheriff, Chief of Police, Police Chief. Job description is shown at the bottom of this page.

Job Description for Sheriff/Police Chief:
                          Usually elected to their posts, Sheriffs typically enforce the law on a county level, performing law enforcement duties similar to those of a Police Chief. Police Chief responsibilities include police service planning, organizational development, personnel management, community policing, and community relations. May also be involved in administrative, financial/budgetary, operations/labor relations. Typically requires a minimum of bachelor's degree in criminal justice (MPA or similar advanced degree often is required) and at least 10 years of law enforcement experience. Typically reports to an elected official.
                          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

What you really need to know is what a chief in Indiana or the Midwest makes for a comparable sized dept. doing a comparable job. Qouting a national average is just going to make you look silly if comparable chiefs are making 35 or 45 grand a year. I would venture to say that most of the chiefs in Indiana make less than the national average. Most probably make significantly less. You gotta compare apples to apples.

Comment

my chief makes around $125k/year
                              -Sean

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3074 users online. 203 members and 2871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X