Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfoot1020
    commented on 's reply
    Ok buddy, hope you have a great day, pal.

• Grunt2LEO
    replied
    Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
    Something tells me this astronaut is not gonna be around for long...
    I think you’re right. Echo chambers give me a headache.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    Something tells me this astronaut is not gonna be around for long...

Leave a comment:

• Grunt2LEO
    commented on 's reply
    Be clear you’re not my pal, anyone who questions my service because I write something that offends their feelings is no friend of mine.

• Bigfoot1020
    commented on 's reply
    Sure Pal, whatever you say.

• Grunt2LEO
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t even know who you are…

• Grunt2LEO
    commented on 's reply
    Steel on target.

• Grunt2LEO
    commented on 's reply
    Good grief dude, seriously? This is the UVALDE THREAD. I didn’t even create the dang thing, it was here when I popped back in to the forum. I’m still working my assignments, taking my job seriously. The fact that you guys attack a messenger when you dislike factual messages is a great indicator of why this forum has done a nosedive.

• Grunt2LEO
    commented on 's reply
    Nice stretch. They teach you how to wildly jump to any conclusion that suits you at the academy?

• Grunt2LEO
    commented on 's reply
    Calling out cowards who wear the badge is anti-cop? Being tired of posers is anti-cop? Needling the sunshine pumpers here is anti-cop?

The Officer.com definition of anti-cop must have changed.

• PNW.CFE
    replied
    Here's my (unsolicited) take...Bing_Oh is 100% right that this should be taken as a training point, an opportunity to learn from the decision failures of these officers and agents. Totally valid point.
    It's also true that public rebuke and accountability serves a purpose beyond simple catharsis. The public does pay attention to how the LE community responds to these things. The initial response was largely supportive...the officers were viewed as heroes by some, while others bent over backwards to justify what looked like mistakes, or at worst many cops were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until more information came in.

Now we have more information, so where are those cops? Most are not coming back to update their positions. Now the talking point seems to be "move on". This is hardly old news. The report just came out. But it's time to move on already. OK.

As a whole, we are a community that struggles with holding our own accountable for mistakes, which has the effect of sanctioning bad behavior. There wouldn't be much to talk about if the mistakes were recognized right away, condemned, and corrected. But that's not what happened. So the conversation shifts from the mistakes, to the immediate cover up, to the larger failure to confront LE failures. Uvalde is about all of that. It's not something that happened and is done. It's still happening.

Leave a comment:

• PNW.CFE
    commented on 's reply
    I honestly can't think of a single other reason why they might be upset about what happened in Uvalde.

• Bigfoot1020
    replied
    Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Whether you're a cop or not, your anti-cop tone is wearing thin.
    Sounds like this person got the boot, and now has a vendetta against the Police.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    Originally posted by Grunt2LEO View Post
    Bunch of heroes....Ruiz can thank the people in that hallway for preventing him from getting to his wife while she was bleeding out.

But barricaded subject and "just following orders", amirite boys?

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...g-17317065.php
    Whether you're a cop or not, your anti-cop tone is wearing thin.

Leave a comment:

• PNW.CFE
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I remember the last time you insinuated someone here wasn't a real cop...I'm still here, by the way.

I guess when you can't counter the substance of an argument, all you have left are ad hominem attacks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2534 users online. 176 members and 2358 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X