Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Investigative route or Boss route? in the NYPD

Hey everyone ,

can anyone here share their opinions on this. In today’s climate and the state of the department today what do you think would be the better way to go?

Have you been hired by NYPD yet?

Comment

Yes I have 6 years on

Comment

So…34 to go to get anywhere.

Comment

How about the stay out of prison route...

Comment

Originally posted by jfmarshall1 View Post
            Yes I have 6 years on
            Well, with that kind of time on the NYPD , I would think YOU would be the subject matter expert.

YOU know the system better than most of the cops on this forum
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I did the investigative route. Should have done the supervisor route.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                So…34 to go to get anywhere.
                Much faster with a hook. Or better yet, a crane.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Much faster with a hook. Or better yet, a crane.
                  A BIG crane blessed by a Rabbi.

Comment

Definitely not NYPD, but a generic perspective. Unless you're pretty sure you'll reach lieutenant or preferably higher, an investigative route may offer more opportunities for task force assignments and retirement career options.
                    John from Maryland

Comment

You can pursue both.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                        I did the investigative route. Should have done the supervisor route.
                        Can you elaborate on why you regret taking the investigative route?

Comment

I dont regret going to investigations. It's way better than patrol. In the NYPD the rank "detective" is just a designation. You're civil service rank is still police officer. It's a lateral move. The daily assignment is better and the money is a little better but in the end you're still a cop. During the summer when manpower is low I still found myself along with all my detective co workers getting uniform assignments at parades and festivals, directing traffic. I was still doing things I hated to do as a patrol cop just not as often. If you have the opportunity to go to investigations take it. Standing in front of Nathans in July shooing away triple parked cars as every 5 year supervisor that passes stops and says' "move these cars" is not what I expected to be doing as a detective wth 20 years on. This is NYPD specific.They probably treat detectives different everywhere else.
                          I saw my friends retire with better pensions having worked less hours by being the guy who cruised by Nathans in an airconditioned car telling that stupid old detective to move the cars on a hot July day. It wasn't an isolated incident. everyone in the DB and Narco got these assignments. Everone did their share for the most part but it certainly took the luster off that gold shield.
                          Last edited by BNWS; 10-08-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Go IAB. Best career move, rapid advancement, complex cases.

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                              NYPDpoQNS commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yeah free cheese too

American cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4121 users online. 251 members and 3870 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X