300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well. Went to the ball...

got my award. I approached the Chief afterwards and asked him if he was aware that he just awarded me for getting my arse end kicked and ending up in the ER. Then I told him that if he didn't mind, I'd PASS on the freaking honor next year. LOL
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Good job! At least you were recognized for the your efforts. About a year and a half ago we had a couple of major incidents. In one an officer was shot (he's okay now) and responding officers took care of him, located the suspects and got them into custody w/o further injuries. In the second incident a carjacker w/shotgun had three separate engagements with officers ending with the suspect KIA (no injuries to officers). Departmentally, no recognition whatsoever. Not even a written commendation for those involved.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Jesus! That's sad!!
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I was kicking around the idea of buying some t-shirts to hand out:

"I Survived a Gun Fight with a Shotgun Toting Rock Dog and All I've Got To Show for It is this Lousy T-Shirt!"

What do you think?
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Hell, they can have my little citation award and pin...did a heck of a lot more than me...LOL...most my injuries came from being at the bottom of the dog pile...lesson learned...don't be the first one that can grab the SOB and actually hold on!
          sigpic

Comment

Dog piles usually end up with officers getting injured, most often because they're stepped on by other officers. I've always tried to get just one arm or leg under control (an officer on each), rather than weighting them down. Too much chance for stepping on the wrong person.

Comment

Oh, I agree...all I can tell you hon is that we did the best we could...no doubt about it...in the end, he went to jail and we went home...after two of us stopped by the ER.
              sigpic

Comment

As long as you went home, it's a win!
                Congratulations on the award (the pin and paper thing) - now you have to find a way to get another one without any personal physical pain.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                  Good job! At least you were recognized for the your efforts. About a year and a half ago we had a couple of major incidents. In one an officer was shot (he's okay now) and responding officers took care of him, located the suspects and got them into custody w/o further injuries. In the second incident a carjacker w/shotgun had three separate engagements with officers ending with the suspect KIA (no injuries to officers). Departmentally, no recognition whatsoever. Not even a written commendation for those involved.
                  If your department does not honor your guys, perhaps your union/association can nominate your guys for NAPO's Top Cops award.

Although, there is one possibility, management is just waiting for the dust to settle in regards to lawsuits, DA review, etc., before they give any award/s?

PM me...with where you work. I may have input/suggestions.
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                    Sounds like you work around here. Admin here will barely acknowledge a line officer's existance let alone actually recognize them for good work. On the plus side though, they don't really seem interested in coming down on us when we screw up either.
                    Originally posted by kontemplerande
                    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                      got my award. I approached the Chief afterwards and asked him if he was aware that he just awarded me for getting my arse end kicked and ending up in the ER. Then I told him that if he didn't mind, I'd PASS on the freaking honor next year. LOL
                      Your title said, "Well. Went to the ball..."

The old joke is, "Police officers don't have balls..."

But, think about it this way, at least they recognized you. I spend years in the military and have quite a few years on as a LEO, and recognition can be a rare thing. I've seen things like a Major in the Army get a DISTINGUISHED SERVICE MEDAL for 25 or 30 years of service because he was basically a "swell" guy. I've seen enlisted people get a ARCOM for the same years of service who actually put their life on the line, but weren't quite as "swell".

I got the employee of the year meritorious service award a few years back for, get this, revamping the firearms program for the the PD. Much to my chagrin, I found out later, that they waited another year to give that same award to two officers who ran into a burning building to rescue a trapped person awards. One of the officers was retired for two years before he got that award. The other is still on duty and wears his pin daily.

I don't wear mine; it kind of pales in the face of what those officers did.

They did honor you for your duty. I'd wear it proudly.
                      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

So Smurfette...you don't like balls?
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                          If your department does not honor your guys, perhaps your union/association can nominate your guys for NAPO's Top Cops award.

Although, there is one possibility, management is just waiting for the dust to settle in regards to lawsuits, DA review, etc., before they give any award/s?

PM me...with where you work. I may have input/suggestions.
                          The DA's Office ruled the shoot as good. No lawsuits pending or even threatened to my knowledge and in the incident where the officer was shot, the trial's over. We just got a new chief a few months ago and I'm hoping the reason for the delay was because the captains were busy testing for the position (too busy with their own stuff to worry about the troops). I'm sending things up through chain of command (again) to see if something can be done.

Comment

When I am on patrol or life in general this is my motivation for doing my best, Not awards or ceremony.

Colossians 3 (Holy Bible King James Version)
                            23) And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
                            24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

However if they want to, I won't knock the celebration.

Romans 13 (Holy Bible King James Version)
                            7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
                            I Peter 2:13 “Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; (14) Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.” Visit 10-4 Ministries

Comment

There was a deputy in my city that was shot when helping serve a search warrant on a house suspected of dealing drugs. He returned fire and didn't hit the suspect because he was shot in the wrist and other deputies soon arrested the shooter without incident. The shot deputy was awarded a purple heart and is now on light duty.

Congrats (err..?) though Smurfette.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6360 users online. 347 members and 6013 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X