300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proactive or reactive

Always out looking to get into something, or are you laid back and just respond to calls?

We just had a "numbers crunch" on officers performances over the last year and it was amazing to see some of the differences.

Out to get something.

Comment

Like my wife says. "go get some but be careful"

Comment

Out to get something if run volume allows.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I clear my calls as quickly as possible and knock out the reports without delay in order to get back out and tag the bad guys in progress. I'd rather be stopping cars and "street sweeping" than taking a criminal damage to property report.
          "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Laid back = someone just doing "a job."

This is not "a job" for those who "just want a paycheck."

If every police officer was like this, then we would be hurting as a society.
            Space for rent .........

Comment

it depends on the night, who i'm working with, my mood, etc. being proactive while working midnights is usually a thurs, fri, sat night thing. the rest of the week i just sort of go with it.
              -Sean

Comment

I'm mostly reactive. But that doesn't mean I'm lazy. I'm chasing the radio calls while others are making their narc arrests. My daily journal is usually full. That being said, if it's slow I go out hunting.
                Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Always try to stay proactive...the arrest is so much more meaningful if they make you work a little for it!

Unfortunately there are those days where the complaints force you to be reactive despite how much you try to do otherwise.

You all stay safe out there.
                  "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who have died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived." ~ General George Patton

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is thus shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." ~ Robert Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                    Laid back = someone just doing "a job."

This is not "a job" for those who "just want a paycheck."

If every police officer was like this, then we would be hurting as a society.
                    Scratch13, I agree that it's not just a job, it's a way of life, but society is hurting. Look at the call volume increase and the nature of the calls.

Comment

It's hard to be proactive when you have just four deputies to run an entire county. You bounce from call to call and you try not to leave your district unattended. Then there are those who choose to be proactive and leave everyone else to pick up the mess and get slammed. Discretion plays a big part.
                      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

"Gone Huntin" (I hate gimmies!)
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I'm a FTO no resting gotta go,go,go!!!!
                          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
                            Scratch13, I agree that it's not just a job, it's a way of life, but society is hurting. Look at the call volume increase and the nature of the calls.
                            I guess that you are right. We already ARE hurting. We really would be in a bad spot were officers to slide futher.

In my city, we are MOSTLY reactive because we are on the other side of the wave. Plus, our admin does not like proactive (=Aggressive) police officers. They usually get shut down really quickly in patrol.
                            Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                              In my city, we are MOSTLY reactive because we are on the other side of the wave. Plus, our admin does not like proactive (=Aggressive) police officers. They usually get shut down really quickly in patrol.
                              It's too bad that agencies/administrators equate being proactive with "agressive" officers. I've always believed that you can get out there, dig stuff up and talk to people without getting a lot of complaints. Since returning to patrol as a supervisor (about five years ago) I still like making a lot of stops and probably write a couple cites per night. I don't think I've gotten a single complaint since my return (from offenders). A few officers might grouse because I like to see them do something beyond responding to calls, but that's the way it goes!
                              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5329 users online. 307 members and 5022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X