300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambush shooting of sheriff deputy

These are becoming more and more common. Any call you roll up on could become a gunfight.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...1-89f35a90666b
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Sounds like he took out the trash. Good job...

Comment

Ho hum. Another cop shot. Nothing to see here...move along.org...

Comment

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you see the part about them finding the offender assuming room temperature nearby? The Deputy won.

I survived 35+ years, only on-target of a human MAYBE 12 times, while having had suspect's firearms pointed at me MAYBE twice, plus ducking "friendly fire" once (my partner and I were on the wrong side of the client, no one died, scratches only on the client, some patrol vehicle windows damaged, stolen vehicle rad swiss-cheesed, cool story, nice certificate, shiny pin), and NO shots fired.

My kid has 14+ years in now, probably twice as often on-target, and has maintained the family non-shooting...so far. Been on the news leading a patrol team into a "swatted" house, and walking a restrained murder suspect to his patrol vehicle.

Not sure who a suspect that injures / kills my son need fear more: me, or my wife.
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

I'm not arguing with you tanksoldier, but from listening to the stories of the officers from back in the '60's and '70s, it was really bad back then. There was a lot of social unrest during that time due several factors, not unlike today, and the police were targets. I was never knowingly a target of an ambush, and I'm very blessed for that. Sad about this officer, though. Great he'll be able to tell his story rather than someone else.

My partner and I were shot at, I had a highly-charged cocaine-blitzed POS pointing a pistol to my head threatening to shoot me, and had a really bad near head-on accident, among other things, so I'm amazed I got to retirement, let alone at my moderate health level.

Comment

I'm not arguing with you tanksoldier, but from listening to the stories of the officers from back in the '60's and '70s,
          Assaults on officers are higher now than then. Fewer of us die due to better equipment, training and medical... and many things that would have been considered a serious assault in 1975 aren’t even reported now.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            It is important to report every assault upon a police officer.

Back in about '07, I jumped another officer's case because I was closer. It involved a guy high out of his mind on drugs, tearing up a Denny's and assaulting people inside. Upon my arrival, he came straight at me like the Tasmanian Devil from the cartoons. He landed one haymaker (aimed at my head) to my left forearm as I blocked it, and then I dumped him, and held him down until a second officer arrived to help me to handcuff him. Then I took him to the ER to get his boo-boos fixed from me dumping him. I sustained a small bruise and some physical pain to my forearm.

It turns out he was a violent repeat offender, not surprisingly. He pleaded out, got 5 years in prison, and it actually was 5 years before I saw him again.
            Last edited by Aidokea; 05-28-2021, 07:13 AM.

Gangs were committing outright ambushes on police when I started back in '91.

But offenders choosing to physically engage the police overall, happens WAY more these days.

Back then, criminals were genuinely afraid of suffering the legitimate consequences of their actions- they knew that if they tried the police, they were gonna lose, and probably badly.

Nowadays, there seems to be this bizarre idea that getting caught by the police is some kind of "contest" to see who will win, which sucks for them because it's still us who is going to win. And then when they lose, they think that they get to play the "victim".
          Last edited by Aidokea; 05-28-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post
            I'm not arguing with you tanksoldier, but from listening to the stories of the officers from back in the '60's and '70s, it was really bad back then. There was a lot of social unrest during that time due several factors, not unlike today, and the police were targets. I was never knowingly a target of an ambush, and I'm very blessed for that. Sad about this officer, though. Great he'll be able to tell his story rather than someone else.

My partner and I were shot at, I had a highly-charged cocaine-blitzed POS pointing a pistol to my head threatening to shoot me, and had a really bad near head-on accident, among other things, so I'm amazed I got to retirement, let alone at my moderate health level.
            Leaving out the social unrest of the late 60's & VERY early 70's cops were pretty safe back then.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
            Gangs were committing outright ambushes on police were when I started back in '91.

But offenders choosing to physically engage the police overall, happens WAY more these days.

Absolutely...........................right , wrong or indifferent even hardened criminals respected the police & general authority

Back then, criminals were genuinely afraid of suffering the legitimate consequences of their actions- they knew that if they tried the police, they were gonna lose, and probably badly.
            Again they knew the consequences of not following directions of the police. The results of resistance was rarely pretty.

Nowadays, there seems to be this bizarre idea that getting caught by the police is some kind of "contest" to see who will win, which sucks for them because it's still us who is going to win. And then when they lose, they think that they get to play the "victim".
            Ok I came on in the mid 70's & most of my training officers came on in the 60's...........................THOSE officers who are still alive continue to tell me they couldn't do the job today due to the lack of respect and remembering how they overcame resistance then.

It also is more prevalent in the Corrections system. While simple assaults on COs have always been a bit higher than on Cops on the street they are off the wall today. VIOLENT assaults on COs have exponentially increased in the last 10yr with deaths going up all the time. Back when I started Corrections you NEVER heard of a CO getting killed on duty.............oh it happened but not much.

I worked nearly 30 yrs in one of the safest maximum security prisons in the country. We had very hardened criminals and violent criminals incarcerated in my facility............Yea there were assaults but mostly minor stuff & the few major ones were usually traced to the staff really doing something stupid & the offender being "disrespected" Our rules were based on the basic premise of "you behave & you get privileges" and it worked

I can actually state that I often had coffee & breakfast with killers, rapist & even child molesters & never felt overly uncomfortable in my safety

My avitar is the memorial of the two staff members at my old facility who were killed by inmates on March 23, 2021. SINCE then there have been 3 major assaults at my old institution and 6 in other facilities in that system

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

https://nleomf.org/
              https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/officer-deaths-by-year
              https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/law-enforcement-facts
              https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/cau...rcement-deaths
              https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/dea...s-and-injuries

Take a look at these above links. (Sorry, but I'm doing this on my iPad, and I couldn't get the hyper link function to work properly.)

With all of those stats over the years, don't forget just how much the US population has grown, so many of the older stats, if done per capita, would have been way way higher. Yes, it is bad now, but it was bad in the period I had originally referred to and even worse in the '30s.

Also, what is/was a line of duty death has changed over the years so that is a factor to be dealt with. Also, with the current police riot lines where the most minor assault to the highest are probably all considered an individual stat like a particular officer in one outing getting struck by a water bottle, being doused with water, being spit on, deflecting an incoming brick with the shield, being irritated by OC, etc, the amassed police assault stats begin to add up quickly.

Again, this isn't an argument, but just saying it has been bad for da po-po for many many years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2710 users online. 171 members and 2539 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X