300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation Speech

I was recently elected President of my Academy class and have to give a speech at our graduation. Anybody have ideas of what they remember as meaningful from the graduation, things they would have like to have heard, or things that new guys on the street need to hear? Thanks
    "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
    John Adams, April 15, 1814

Ask your classmates, they will probably have some good ideas.

Congratulations on your accomplishment of graduating! Have a long and safe career!

Comment

Graduation Speech

Originally posted by CPDjock View Post
      Ask your classmates, they will probably have some good ideas.

Congratulations on your accomplishment of graduating! Have a long and safe career!
      The above post X-2. Congratulations on your graduation. It's a day you'll never forget. Best of luck to you as you embark on your career.

Comment

The guy we elected to do it was one of the funniest guys there. He chose to tell the audience about each one of us (there were only 14 by the end) in his own way. I literally laughed till I cried. He made fun of everyone.

The only quote I remember from the serious speaker was this:
        "Don't worry about your reputation. Worry about your integrity, and your reputation will take care of itself."
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

You could always borrow one of the lines from Conan the Barbarian, "and now, we prepare to make our way into the world of law enforcement, where we will crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamantations of their women!"

Let us know how it goes!
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6299 users online. 338 members and 5961 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X