300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Trigger

back when I reserved for a different deparment than I am working for now, they required us to have the 8 pound "New York" style triggers. Since I am at a different department now I want my 5.5 pound trigger pull back. Anyone know where I can order the parts I need and exactly what parts I need to order? Thanks in advance

Glock Trigger

Find out if your dept. has an armorer, they can get the factory spring and install it. the spring actually only costs a few bucks. and is about 30 seconds to change it.

Comment

There are only 4 officers in our department and no armorer. Im sure if I called the old department I worked for they would change it for me since they changed it the first time. So its a spring I need? I have a Glock Model 22 btw.

Comment

Need an armorer to change it over. Why do you want a 5 lbs pull?

You would have to remove all three pins and the trigger mech,take the NY trigger out and attach the spring. Its not that hard if ou have taken the gun down that far before. Contact a larger agency with the same weapon, maybe the county or the next city over and see if they have an armorer. They should help you out. All you need to buy is the 5 lbs trigger spring, it was a dollar about 3 years ago if I remember right.
        It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Thanks guys I just ordered the parts I need. I wanted to go back to the stock trigger pull because I have I'd say medium sized hands and when I shoot the gun I find myself losing my sight picture as the front sight wobbles around as I wait for the gun to go off thru the long trigger pull. I shoot for my Army unit's pistol team and enjoy the short trigger pull of the M9 after the first round has gone off and find myself able to shoot better with a shorter pull.

And if you have read the shooting dreams thread I have these also. And in my dream I find myself unable to shoot my glock because of the long trigger pull.. So maybe its part paranoia.

Comment

Be Careful

Check with your local "credible" gun shop. One of the employees should be a Glock armorer, or they should be able to point you in the right direction. You really don't want to attempt the part exchange yourself. There is a little thing called the "first out, first in" pin that may give you trouble. I highly recommend a Glock armorer school, especially if this is your agency's primary issued service weapon. Not much goes wrong with the Glock, but when it does, you need someone that knows how to replace the parts.

Comment

Understand, I had a very poor shooter with smallhand and I changed her trigger back to the 5 lb. her scores went way up and stayed.

It would be good to get a glock armorer, even a regular gun smith can srew things up insde the pistol. the slide stop spring is the only real problem, it can get pinned down or bent if you insert the pin wrong, with to much force or from the wrong side.

Good luck
              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

ya I wouldnt let anyone touch my gun that doesnt know 100% what they are doing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6448 users online. 351 members and 6097 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X