X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLee
    replied
    Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
    I thought I was the only one who had the "heavy trigger pull" dream. It's like I pull the trigger and it takes forever and then when it finally gets there it doesn't fire or it fires all weird. I hit the bad guy but it either doesn't do any damage or at least not the damage I would expect.
    I've had a similar one as well -- heavy trigger pull & not as much damage as expected. Didn't think much about it...pretty strange to see so many similar stories..

Leave a comment:

• Doc_STA
    replied
    Another heavy-pull dreamer here - more specifically, I have dreams where the safety on my gun won't disengage, or has disappeared entirely.

Similar to AKA=Cruz on the first page, for a while I had recurring dreams where I was proceeding to a raid on a ship in port, and get hit by a random truck - typically, no one else is injured.

Leave a comment:

• grog18b
    replied
    Originally posted by SoxFan29 View Post
    In my dream, I have a heavy trigger pull, I always get one round off then the gun malfunctions, when I go to eject the round I can't get the slide back then I wake up.......every time.
    Next time you start to have that dream, squirt some militec on your slide.. you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• GCPD0171
    replied
    I used to have those dreams quite frequently when I started out. I don't remember when the last one was but its been several years. In mine I was almost always confronted with a knife. The trigger on my gun would either go all the way and nothing happen or be so heavy I couldn't pull it. I think as my anxiety about the job went away so did the dreams. I always had more fear of getting cut than shot. I know thats where the knives in the dreams came from.

Leave a comment:

• SoxFan29
    replied
    In my dream, I have a heavy trigger pull, I always get one round off then the gun malfunctions, when I go to eject the round I can't get the slide back then I wake up.......every time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have had more than 1. The one that sticks out is a suspect gets off of a metro bus and is holding a gun. I order him to drop it, he doesn't, he raises it and starts to fire. I try to return fire, but I can't, I have about a 200 lb trigger pull, I can't get my trigger back, I try both hands, 2 fingers, my thumbs, you name it, I can't pull the trigger. I wake up as I look down at my chest............wierd, huh?

Leave a comment:

• GrayState
    replied
    Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• School Cop
    replied
    What I would LOVE to know is since probably 90% of all cops have this dream, then who ro what is programming us to have this very similar dream?
    Martians. Or Tom Cruise. Wait, same thing.

Does this mean that accountants have dreams of their calculators malfuncitoning during the Tax season?
    Or maybe MLB players srtiking out during the World Series?
    ANd if its played ONLY in AMERICA how is it called THE WORLD SERIES??
    I think you dream about the same things you spend time thinking about when awake. So then anyone who takes their job seriously will dream about their job. And, that means having a shooting dream is like consciously playing "what-if" and putting yourself in deadly force situations. But when you're asleep, your brain focuses on the most unlikely possibilities (gun not firing, bullets traveling 6 inches, missing with every shot, etc.) instead of tactical choices.

Overall, I agree with Stephen King, who once said dreams are like brain farts - leftovers from the day that just need to get out.

Leave a comment:

• auggie56
    replied
    I dream Sandra Bullock is my partner on midnights in the slowest beat in the city. And she can't keep her hands off me................Hmmm must be true. I told you guys about this dream already didn't I ? LoL

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    What I would LOVE to know is since probably 90% of all cops have this dream, then who ro what is programming us to have this very similar dream?
    I mean I never went to college and had no interest in this human condition but it begs the question about similar dreams...

Does this mean that accountants have dreams of their calculators malfuncitoning during the Tax season?
    Or maybe MLB players srtiking out during the World Series?
    ANd if its played ONLY in AMERICA how is it called THE WORLD SERIES??

OMG did I really just ask those
    I need another beer

Leave a comment:

• Riverfuzz50
    replied
    Wow! A little late to jump into the thread, but I was thinking heavily about this topic today, was going to post my own question, searched and found this one was already here and active!!

My dream is the ultra heavy trigger pull that takes two fingers and still won't quite make the hammer drop. When it does drop I'm so fatigued that the shot doesn't place on the target and it's almost on top of me.

I believe it was Lt Col. Dave Grossman that stated we all (LEO's) have this dream and that it is our brains way of saying something to the effect of "Hey - we need to practice with our weapon and be sure we can use it".

On days I wake up with that dream, I usually start my shift at the range with just a couple of shots to remind me everything is in working order. Satisfied with that I can conquer whatever the day has planned.

Leave a comment:

• tzbv2p
    replied
    Been with the dept since last year and had my first dream last night.

I am sitting in my darkened car and see a suspicious vehicle drive by and into a complex. I get out of the car, and start to walk over and approach from behind when i see a gun and laser sight pointing out the passenger side at a nearby citizen (drive by style)....then i hear pop pop pop. I draw my G22 and get my sight picture through the perps rear window from approx 50 yards. I pull the trigger and nothing, I tap and rack and finally get a shot off, but get a malfunction after every other shot. The perp just keeps popping up out of the car. I musta shot 3-4 perps.

Leave a comment:

• WC145
    replied
    Originally posted by jwise View Post
    You are all experiencing what some call "warrior dreams." It's basically due from a lack of confidence in your training. Get out there and train harder, and the dreams go away.

You'll notice some people have had their dreams stop, or lessen. Some were due to a change in job assignment, where the demands were less and therefore their need to be "on top of their game" was less. Others stopped having them after they were in an OIS. They performed well in the moment, and thus have a high degree of confidence from the incident.

These thoughts are not my own, but come chiefly from Lt Col Dave Grossman's book, "On Killing."

So the next time you have a "warrior's dream", listen to your inner warrior and go train!!

You might have something there. I've never had shooting dreams but years ago, shortly after getting out of the USAF, I started working as a bouncer and had lots of fighting dreams. In the dreams my punches would be very slow and would usually miss and the ones that did land were totally ineffective. However, after I'd been at it awhile and gained some skills and experience those dreams went away.

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    Originally posted by JonMcD1980 View Post
    I never would have brought up the heavy trigger pull dream except that someone started this thread. It freaks me out, I've had it several times. I'm normally a good shot, but in the dream I can barely squeeze the trigger and when I do get a shot off, it's horribly inaccurate. I wonder what the significance IF ANY of these dreams are? Any Police Psychologists on this site???
    You are all experiencing what some call "warrior dreams." It's basically due from a lack of confidence in your training. Get out there and train harder, and the dreams go away.

You'll notice some people have had their dreams stop, or lessen. Some were due to a change in job assignment, where the demands were less and therefore their need to be "on top of their game" was less. Others stopped having them after they were in an OIS. They performed well in the moment, and thus have a high degree of confidence from the incident.

These thoughts are not my own, but come chiefly from Lt Col Dave Grossman's book, "On Killing."

So the next time you have a "warrior's dream", listen to your inner warrior and go train!!

Leave a comment:

• CoolAZCop
    replied
    And on a side note, I have those wide awake dreams of how things would go down if I were involved in a shooting...as I'm sure most have, it was doing something valiant saving a hostage, catching a robbery or murder suspect, during a traffic stop,...those types of ways, never the way that it actually played out....

...trying to run from a stolen speeding truck full of illegal aliens with no where to run and nothing to protect me form being hit. My "what if " dreams have changed alot since then.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 356 members and 5051 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X