Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have heavy trigger pull dream. I have had that one many times but one time I was trying to shoot, get this, Fred Sanford! He was a dick and pulled a gun on me during a car stop. After my gun wouldnt fire he shot me but missed. Then I woke up. "I'm coming Elizabeth"

Comment

In my dreams the trigger is always mush and I have to squeeze harder to fire.

TGY
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I get the one where my rifle barrel is bent for some reason, and I have to hold it sideways to hit the suspect.

Also, I have one where I am trying to reload my off duty revolver, and there are bullets of all different calibers laying all over the ground. I struggle to pick up different bullets and try to get them to fit into my .357 while being shot at.
        "Nuts" ---Lieutenant General Harry Kinnard

Comment

Originally posted by MFP4073 View Post
          Yep, count me into the heavy pull dream as well. Several times now and I've yet to get a round off... Scary.
          same here. i can never remember who or what i'm trying to shoot. i just feel my life is in danger and i can't pull the trigger.
          -Sean

Comment

The gun ALWAYS jams in mine. Luckily, the bad guys gun jams too. Both of us are standing there, trying to clear he jam. I usually end up hitting them with something.

Comment

Haven't had the fail to fire dream yet. Most of mine are like movie shootouts ??? I one shot everyone center of mass and they automatically go straight down. And yeah, I know that's really what happens...

Comment

I never would have brought up the heavy trigger pull dream except that someone started this thread. It freaks me out, I've had it several times. I'm normally a good shot, but in the dream I can barely squeeze the trigger and when I do get a shot off, it's horribly inaccurate. I wonder what the significance IF ANY of these dreams are? Any Police Psychologists on this site???

Comment

I pull the trigger and "click"...I tap and rack..."click"...tap and rack..."click"...its a terrible feeling. Going to the range usually helps, but I must have had that dream about a dozen times.

Comment

I had a dream the other night where I opened the door to a room so two other cops could do the shooting and afterwards one of them threw up on me. I could taste it in my dream, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                      I never had one till I had to give up my 686 when we wer issued Berettas.
                      Then, after the first time the $#@& decocking lever slid forward in the holster, causing me to draw and squeeze a de-cocked, safe trigger on the range, because it had inadvertently placed the gun on "safe," I constantly had that reoccur in a real gunfight in my dreams.
                      Never cared for automatics since.
                      The 686 "L" frame was the best revolver ever made. We transitioned to
                      the 5906 in the late 80's and it was the worst thing that could have
                      happened. Accuracy and proficiency dropped big time. When we were
                      later permitted the option of carrying a .40 or .45, I bought a 4046 and
                      have been happy since then. Although I miss target sights, the DAO pull
                      feels about the same as my old 686.

Comment

How many have actually fired the M-26 tazer? That's what the trigger is like in my dreams, and I'm close enough that the barrel is inches away from the suspects face and the bullets bounce off of them.....scary stuff.
                        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

The last one I had was weapon failed to fire with trigger pulled numerous times. I also go to the range and practice, practice, practice. Or rounds hit and have no effect on subject. I hate those dreams. I have no problem with fighting in my dreams or apprehension of suspect but.
                          LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Guns fires, but bullets don't seem to travel at enough velocity to penetrate the individual.

Comment

How strange...I have the fail to hit dreams no matter how many rounds go downrange but I wake up having bad feelings about the rest of the day.

Had that dream one night before I woke for work...got into a shooting later that night with a vehicle travelling over 120MPH trying to run me down and 6 of my 7 shots struck the vehicle...one striking suspect 1/4 above bridge of nose. One shot went high and into a field never to be found.

Of the seven shots, only one struck the suspect and it worked in stopping the threat, the irony is, I still have those dreams sometimes and I still sleepwalk and talk. Sometimes I have to sleep on the couch becuase wifey gets armbarred or kicked in her sleep by me. On those nights, it seems that I have the dreams and then I am super vigilant at work.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having these weird dreams and subconscious fears!
                              Anarchism is a game at which the police can beat you. G B Shaw

Comment

And on a side note, I have those wide awake dreams of how things would go down if I were involved in a shooting...as I'm sure most have, it was doing something valiant saving a hostage, catching a robbery or murder suspect, during a traffic stop,...those types of ways, never the way that it actually played out....

...trying to run from a stolen speeding truck full of illegal aliens with no where to run and nothing to protect me form being hit. My "what if " dreams have changed alot since then.
                                Anarchism is a game at which the police can beat you. G B Shaw

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5442 users online. 355 members and 5087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X