300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MFP4073 View Post
    Yep, count me into the heavy pull dream as well. Several times now and I've yet to get a round off... Scary.
    Same here also.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

I've only had one dream and in it I was shot, but I also killed the suspect.

The other night, I dreamt that I was fighting with a guy in a residence and the last thing I remember before I woke up was someone approaching us as we wrestled on the ground and placing the cold barrel of a pistol against the left rear portion of my head. I jolted awake and had an accelerated heart rate.

Scary stuff sometimes.
      The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Wow.. I've had dreams of fights, but never having my gun fail to fire.

It's amazing that you're all having similar dreams. I don't pay much into the whole dream meaning thing, but this makes me think twice

Comment

Same here with fail to fire, I have the same dream about once a week. Foot pursuit through the projects to a parking lot, I'm always right behind him and then he just disappears. Bad guy comes out from behind a parked car, my weapon misfires, I catch one in the neck, and then all I see is my partner (best friend since kindergarten) overtop of me telling me to hold on and the bus is on the way...Wake up ****ed off and puckered up. Strange how it's always the same though, never any deviation.
          "Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right" John Donne

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
          - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Comment

I thought I was the only one who had the "heavy trigger pull" dream. It's like I pull the trigger and it takes forever and then when it finally gets there it doesn't fire or it fires all weird. I hit the bad guy but it either doesn't do any damage or at least not the damage I would expect.

Comment

I started having the equipment malfunction dream overseas, where in the dream my rifle would only fire about every third round. I did some research and found that the estimate of armed professionals having "refusal to fire" dreams is about 87%.

I still occasionally dream that my pistol won't fire or fires after several malfunctions, but not nearly as often as I did overseas.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Wow, for a while I thought I was the only one having these dreams. I have only had a couple but only one sticks out because it seemed so real. When I woke up I was sweating and I had to check for any new holes in my upper body.

In the dream I was in a foot chase, it seemed like a field or a high school football field or something. Anyway, we are running for a long time and I start to gain on him and I almost have him when the subject turns around and shoots me point blank in the chest with a .38 and continues to run.

In my dream I fell back and emptied every last round I had, everyone hitting the shooter but continued running. I survived in the dream...what was creepy is it went throught the ambulance ride, calling my family and telling them to go to the hospital but I was ok. It was pretty creepy.

Comment

Mine's a little different, but a malfunction dream...

I'm fired upon, my gun dosen't work; I take cover, inspect it, fix the problem (safety still on, slide back, mag not in, whatever) and try to fire, only to find ANOTHER problem has sprouted. In between every fix, I'm being fired at, but never hit. I usually wake up after about the 4th or 5th malfunction with the greatest sense of FRUSTRATION that I couldn't shoot the guy.

Strange, but I had this dream a lot more before I ever thought of becoming a cop than I do now.
                  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I've had one where my weapon fires, I can see the rounds hitting the bad guy, but he doesn't go down. I even remembered to reload, and kept firing, still nothing. The first time I had that one I woke up in a cold sweat and had to go check my weapon to make sure it was just a dream....scary stuff.
                    1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

I never had one till I had to give up my 686 when we wer issued Berettas.

Then, after the first time the $#@& decocking lever slid forward in the holster, causing me to draw and squeeze a de-cocked, safe trigger on the range, because it had inadvertently placed the gun on "safe," I constantly had that reoccur in a real gunfight in my dreams.

Never cared for automatics since.
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

i never had a shooting dream- though I do remember one where I beat a guys *** with a pr-24.
                        Updated on: 12/28/09

Comment

Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
                          I thought I was the only one who had the "heavy trigger pull" dream. It's like I pull the trigger and it takes forever and then when it finally gets there it doesn't fire or it fires all weird. I hit the bad guy but it either doesn't do any damage or at least not the damage I would expect.
                          Same here. I've always got bad karma when I go into work after that dream, like it's a sign or something. Fortunately, I don't have that one much anymore.
                          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I've had the same dream about my gun not firing. Doesn't matter how hard I squeeze the trigger no bang. I don't get it very often but when I do it really ticks me off. Come to think of it I haven't had that dream since my shooting.

I used to get another dream where I was walking on the beach with my family on vaction. Some guy in a black trench coat just walks up to me and shoots me in the chest. I would wake up in a could sweat.

I had a discussion with a Sgt. about this a couple of months ago and he said the dream about your gun not going off is a normanl dream for LEO.
                            The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

From the dream dictonary:
                              http://www.mysticfamiliar.com/librar...dex_a_to_z.htm

Shooting

To dream that you see or hear shooting, signifies unhappiness between
                              married couples and sweethearts because of over-weaning selfishness,
                              also unsatisfactory business and tasks because of negligence.

Shot

To dream that you are shot, and are feeling the sensations of dying,
                              denotes that you are to meet unexpected abuse from the ill feelings
                              of friends, but if you escape death by waking, you will be fully
                              reconciled with them later on.
                              Pistol

Seeing a pistol in your dream, denotes bad fortune, generally.

If you own one, you will cultivate a low, designing character.

If you hear the report of one, you will be made aware of some scheme
                              to ruin your interests.

To dream of shooting off your pistol, signifies that you will
                              bear some innocent person envy, and you will go far to revenge
                              the imagined wrong.

Revolver (For you Trooper :P )

For a young woman to dream that she sees her sweetheart with a revolver,
                              denotes that she will have a serious disagreement with some friend,
                              and probably separation from her lover.

Violence

To dream that any person does you violence, denotes that you
                              will be overcome by enemies.

If you do some other persons violence, you will lose fortune and favor
                              by your reprehensible way of conducting your affairs.

Comment

I'm betting the underlying significance for LEO's when it comes to dreams of shooting and violence are different than that the average person.
                                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4189 users online. 293 members and 3896 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X