300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your "Shooting Dream"

I'm curious as to what your shooting dreams are.

Typically in mine, the trigger pull is so heavy that I have to use both pointer fingers to fire. When I do fire, the rounds are like paintballs and always arch to the left. If I hit my subject, I'm usually aware that I hit him 12 times, but seem to do no damage.

What other experiences do you have?
    "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Haven't had too many shooting dreams but the last one I had, I was shooting the guy at very close range, unloaded just about everything I had and either I didn't hit him at all or it had no effect on him. At the time I don't think I knew which, but we ended up getting him anyways.

Comment

Business alarm, cleaning lady walks to door from the inside and pulls a gun on me. I draw and fire a few rounds but they all ricochet off the glass. She turns and runs and my partner is mad that I fired.

Comment

I get letters in the mail from BATFE about my shooting dreams...
        As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Grearing up for a raid of a Hotel, befor i put me vest on i get hit by a drive-by
          "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

I have had the same dream of the heavy trigger pull or it wont pull at all, also when the rounds hit it does no damage??
            "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

trigger squeeze is 500 pounds and when the hammer drops it fails to fire. Makes my blood run cold every morning I wake after that dream and the whole day is horrible.
              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

At least you get a round off

I have the same heavy trigger pull dream, but I never get the BANG! It's like my Glock had a safety I forgot to disengage.
                "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
                sigpic

Comment

I have dreams about work all the time but I can't remember ever dreaming about a shooting.

Comment

Yep, count me into the heavy pull dream as well. Several times now and I've yet to get a round off... Scary.
                    The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day.

Comment

Yep, same dream as prior posts. Engage deadly threat, my G22 either won't fire or the gun falls apart in my hands. I hear it's quite common among us. Always makes for a shi++y feeling when you wake up!

Comment

I think it's a good idea that whenever I have these dreams, to go pop off a few rounds at the range. I feel like my brain needs re-assurance that I can actually fire the rounds, and fire them straight. If I was able to do that each morning after a shooting dream, I bet they'd go away after a while.
                        "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Mine is a long drawn out (like 5 minutes) gun battle in a traffic stop. I always run out of ammo in the dream.

I go to the range every week. Still have them. However, now that I think about it i haven't one since i transfered to a slower (read white middle class) division a month ago. Maybe it's a sign of being more complacent that the dreams have slowed down. Hopefully not.
                          Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Bad guy coming at me and when I fire, the rounds almost drip out of my gun and splat a few feet in front of me. No matter how high I try to arc it, none of the bullets reach him! Sucks!
                            He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                            -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                            -- Hemingway

Comment

same bad dream...I wake up in cold sweats, madder than a mofo
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3090 users online. 151 members and 2939 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X