X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a GREAT POLICE CHIEF

Who want to work for this guy
    https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...lag-in-facebo/
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Wow. That's really weak...

Comment

Get used to it. It means what other people say it means. No discourse allowed.

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/c...59c490d05.html

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
        Get used to it. It means what other people say it means. No discourse allowed.

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/c...59c490d05.html
        I'll bet he sits to pee...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

I'll bet he sits to pee...
          I like a clean toilet and floor so when I'm at home, I sit to pee so I don't get pee spatter all over, just sayin'...

Being that police chiefs are appointed, this is and will be the norm. Any chief standing up for his/her troops in similar situations will be like the elusive rainbow-colored unicorn. I am blessed living in a red area where rainbow-colored unicorns may still exist. We are relatively rural so even if a chief does stand up for his/her troops, there probably wouldn't be any reporting of it. Even so, if the story doesn't fit the media's narrative, it probably wouldn't get reported anyway.

Comment

But why allow something to "symbolize hate" when it doesn't mean that. Then every other line flag means hate. The US flag can symbolize the same thing.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Yup- they're doing all this stupid stuff because they're afraid that someone else might think that it hints at racism. That's sort of like dividing by zero- it's nothing.

It is ACTUAL racism that is evil. Democrat governor George Wallace standing in a school house door to prevent black children from being allowed to enter a public school. Wallace's "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!" speech writer, Democrat and splinter faction KKK leader Asa Earl Carter, whose group kidnapped and castrated a black man before soaking him in turpentine and leaving him locked in the trunk of a car to die. Democrat Senator and KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd, setting a record filibustering against the Republican's 1964 Civil Rights Act. Not to mention Democrats taking up arms and going to war against the United States trying to preserve slavery (the Civil War). That's ACTUAL racism...

Comment

Never been a fan of the thin blue line flag anyway.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  But why allow something to "symbolize hate" when it doesn't mean that. Then every other line flag means hate. The US flag can symbolize the same thing.
                  Control the language, you control the dialogue. Take away the words, change their meaning, and your opponent can’t speak at all.

I was literally told a few weeks ago not to call myself or use imagery associated with being a warrior, or Spartan, or the punisher skull... or a half dozen other things.

Now we’re supposed to be Jedi. I kid you not. We’re supposed to emulate fictional, magical space ninja.

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                  Never been a fan of the thin blue line flag anyway.
                  ...well if you’re not a fan, nobody else should display it either.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

Control the language, you control the dialogue. Take away the words, change their meaning, and your opponent can’t speak at all.

I was literally told a few weeks ago not to call myself or use imagery associated with being a warrior, or Spartan, or the punisher skull... or a half dozen other things.

Now we’re supposed to be Jedi. I kid you not. We’re supposed to emulate fictional, magical space ninja.

...well if you’re not a fan, nobody else should display it either.
                    Both 300s are fun movies to watch, I loved Black Panther, and who can not like the Punisher? I got to say this is stupid. There would be no special forces, no SEALs or Deltas without Spartans. So we're just supposed to forget their mark in history of literally saving democracy as we know it? This is foolishness.
                    Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 02-02-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

My agency also prohibits the display of anything related to the Punisher. While great entertainment, the use of that symbol by LE is problematic for a number of reasons:

1) The Punisher is everything that LEOs are NOT supposed to be (but are often accused of being): violent vigilantes that operate outside the law
                      2) The creators of the Punisher have condemned the misuse of the character by LE (and the military)
                      3) The Punisher skull symbol is copyrighted and trademarked, so selling items with the symbol (or a variation thereof) is infringement
                      4) The on-duty use of the symbol opens you up to extra scrutiny in court. This is true for any case, but particularly any UOF incident.
                      5) In the words of the Punisher himself:

I'll say this once. We're not the same. You took an oath to uphold the law. You help people. I gave all that up a long time ago. You don't do what I do. Nobody does. You boys need a role model? His name is Captain America, and he'd be happy to have you.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                        scotty_appleton814 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree with your comments on the Punisher. I wouldn't use it on my duty rifle. But a lot of tac dudes and dudettes wear Punisher clothing at work under a vest. Do you think they shouldn't be able to wear that?

• not.in.MY.town
                        not.in.MY.town commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not my circus, not my monkeys. At my department it wouldn't fly (and officers know and understand the policy). But if your agency doesn't prohibit it, then they should be fine -- at least until someone complains or someone screws up and it DOES become an issue.
                        I always told my guys, "Don't be the reason for a new policy".

• just joe
                        just joe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        IMO no, they shouldn't be able to wear Punisher clothing under their uniform. A few years ago there was a white officer in my region who shot and killed a black guy, and the officer had a rebel flag t-shirt on under his uniform shirt. You think that didn't come up in the news? The judge wouldn't allow the t shirt to be used to impeach the officer's character. Maybe a different judge would have a different opinion. Don't make it easier for people who don't like us to throw barbs at us.

I don't think the flags in the news articles above have anything to do with any type of supremacy or racism. I'm not fond of them though, for different reasons. Never liked the idea of the US flag having anything on it other than the stars and stripes. Blue line flags or red lines flags by themselves are just fine IMO.

I understand having to pick your battles but to react the way they did was over the top. And no I would NOT want to work for a chief like them.

Comment

"No bowing to the false narrative of the Thin Blue Line | by Sheriff Dale J. Schmidt - Washington County Insider" https://www.washingtoncountyinsider....ale-j-schmidt/
                        how that's a supportive Sheriff. I don't see why we allow folks to turn something positive into a hateful negative.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
                          1) The Punisher is everything that LEOs are NOT supposed to be (but are often accused of being): violent vigilantes that operate outside the law
                          2) The creators of the Punisher have condemned the misuse of the character by LE (and the military)
                          3) The Punisher skull symbol is copyrighted and trademarked, so selling items with the symbol (or a variation thereof) is infringement
                          4) The on-duty use of the symbol opens you up to extra scrutiny in court. This is true for any case, but particularly any UOF incident.
                          5) In the words of the Punisher himself:
                          The Punisher is a fictional character who does none of those things... he does what the writers and artists decides he should do... if you display the Punisher skull, are you also claiming to be pretend along with everything else?

Should I ditch my Darth Vader mask just in case?

I wonder how pirates feel about the misuse of their skull emblem by the Punisher?

Never liked the idea of the US flag having anything on it other than the stars and stripes.
                          I've never seen anyone turn the Colors into a blue line flag.

I always told my guys, "Don't be the reason for a new policy
                          Only way to guarantee that is to sit in a parking lot and watch movies all shift.
                          Last edited by tanksoldier; 02-03-2021, 01:22 PM.
                          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

The Punisher is a fictional character who does none of those things... he does what the writers and artists decides he should do... if you display the Punisher skull, are you also claiming to be pretend along with everything else?

Should I ditch my Darth Vader mask just in case?

I wonder how pirates feel about the misuse of their skull emblem by the Punisher?
                            I suggest you have this discussion with your administration.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4706 users online. 322 members and 4384 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X