300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme body armor

I was wondering if anyones department bought the Extreme body armor. If so is it really as light and thin as they are making it out to be? I heard that is is good and thin let me know you thoughts on this!
    I would rather be judged by twelve then carried by six!

Never let down your guard! You are #1

My department issues this brand and it's like a love/hate relationship.

I have found that if you try to keep it tight, it will become uncomfortable and take on a weird shape. If you strap it on loosely it is more comfortable but tends to ride up. Yes, it is lightweight (compared to the old PACA) but I have yet to be custom-fitted. You get used to it, I guess.
    I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Eh...

Its, fine. Mine fits good I pull the straps just so they barely stretch when I inhale. In the end how comfotable do you expect something that stops bullets to be?

I dont really have anything to compare it to since this is my first vest. However, my dad also has it and he has been wearing them since the late 80s and he says it's the most comfortable vest ever.

One thing I will say is that it took like 2 or 3 months for the panels to mold to my body but after that things have been great. My only complaint is that it pinches my belly between it and my belt sometimes but I supose that could be fixed with a few crunches .
      War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
      John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Comment

I my extreme for approx 3 yrs and never had a problem. It was fairly light and comfortable. Ive seen other brands which looked like officers velcro'd a matress to themselves.. My dept has since gone to the ABA impusle. The material is about the same but the vest is supposed to be made so it doesnt curl up at the bottom. So far I like it better than the previous one. The info should be on the american body armor sight.
        And the road becomes my bride.

Comment

I've got it. Not bad. Compared to my previous vest, anything is lighter and less bulkier.

Comment

I wore an Xtreme IIIa vest for five years and it was very comfortable. I then went to a woven Kevlar level II, thinking it would be more comfortable. The Xtreme IIIa was actually more comfortable. I just took delivery of a new Xtreme IIIa yesterday.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

We are issued the Xtreme IIIA. I've worn my for five years with no problems. Only vest I've ever worn though, so I have no comparison.
              "Nuts" ---Lieutenant General Harry Kinnard

Comment

Yea I had a zero G and I HATED IT!! it rolled up and it is very bulky. Thanks for the responses

Comment

I have had similar problems with the vest rolling up, and the velcro not working anymore. I have one year to go before i get a new one. Right now i am having to put a safety pin on one of the velcro tabs to keep it secured.

Comment

Ok guys got my new Extreme vest in yesterday! Don't fit right, Chocking me, adjusted all the straps, out of options!!! I been wearing the Zero G and it is lighter then the new Extreme. What is the name of the vest that is spose to roll up in a ball and is lighter and thinner then the rest anyone know? Let a brother know lol The Chief is a little upset because about 10 out of 20 do not fit right and chock us all lol

Comment

I've got an ABA Extreme in level II. I have had the same problem of it riding up and choking me so to prevent that I just use two of the elastic shirt stay straps on the front panel tail. I then just adjust the shoulder straps accordingly so it covers where I need it when I'm standing. My velcro has stayed good even with trimming some of it off so I could tighten the straps a little more.

The vest that rolls up into a ball is I believe the Second Chance Monarch. I'll be do for a new vest in '09. I'm staying with Extreme or going to Second Chance.
                      Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                      I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                      Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                      as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

I know i'm not supposed to post in here but.... I am an leo in the coast guard and some untis purchase the extreme for their guys, i've used it and loved it. I had to give mine back and now have a Protective Products IIIA, this thing is like a damn umpire blocker. Its so huge i hate wearing it. I dont know if the extreme's came in anything else but mine was IIA and thats all were required to wear and i'd give anything to have my extreme back!!!!!
                        Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Redders4786 View Post
                          The vest that rolls up into a ball is I believe the Second Chance Monarch.
                          That's the one. The rolling up into a ball is a bit exagerated, at least for the IIIA. Maybe the IIA can do it. Having said that, my Monarch IIIA is the most comfortable, easy to wear vest I've ever had (and I've been through a few vests over the years.) The Monarch IIIA is lighter and thinner then my old Zero-G level II. I too had all the listed problems with the Zero-G vest, especially the velcro wearing out.
                          Originally posted by kontemplerande
                          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I work for the same agency as bikecop136 and I've been wearing a level IIIA Extreme for about 3.5 years and have disliked it for most of that time. My velcro straps are also rolling up so that they barely stay attached and the ballistic panels are rolling up which causes large tumor looking bumps under my shirt. If I had a choice, which I don't, I would not order another Extreme vest. But...it is light weight.
                            Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. - Romans 13

Comment

I had the Extreme Zx Zylon that was replaced with the extreme and to be blunt I hate it. The panels roll up, the carriers are JUNK made in mexico. Mine is two months old and I have had the carrier repaired twice. They only come with one carrier now,they used to have two. My suggestion? Go with Second Chance, you can't go wrong. I would not recommend ABA's Extreme period!
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4344 users online. 240 members and 4104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X