300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbelts

Just walked away from a double rollover in a 99 Chevy Tahoe because of my seat belt. I have partners that do not wear their belts. Belt up and stay safe.

Im looking forward to the day that officers think of wearing their seatbelts the same way we've come to think about our vests. There is just too many of us dying in crashes these days.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Isn't this department policy for most PD's ? What about state law ? And think about this, if you get injured (or killed) in an accident and you are not wearing your seat belt, insurance may not pay for violating policy. So think about your family if not yourself.

Comment

I use my seatbelt out of shear habit. I also turn on my headlights [U]everytime[U], even during the day.
        I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Ditto with Tunkle.. I use seatbelt and turn on my headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by CG1811 View Post
            Just walked away from a double rollover in a 99 Chevy Tahoe because of my seat belt. I have partners that do not wear their belts. Belt up and stay safe.
            CG1811, glad you are in 1 piece and doing OK. And thank you for proving the point many of us are trying to make in regards to belts.

Comment

We've got the Buckle Up New York campaign going on right now. I always wear my seatbelt on duty but didn't always wear it off duty. Writing alot of people seatbelt tickets here recently thus "educating them" on the importance of wearing their seatbelt, I realized how big a hypocrite/fool I was being by not wearing my seatbelt. I always wear it now!

PS-GLAD YOU ARE OK!

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok!
                The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Seatbelts and Bodyarmor

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                  Im looking forward to the day that officers think of wearing their seatbelts the same way we've come to think about our vests. There is just too many of us dying in crashes these days.
                  Good point SRT! More officers are killed in vehicle crashes every year typically than by gunfire, yet how many of us recognize these risks. Our agency mandates their use and as supervisors, we see the policy is strickly enforced.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

While I agree seatbelts are very important, I've had two of my co workers thrown from their vehicles (they survived) and after DPS worked the accidents they concluded that had they been wearing their seatbelts they most likely would have died due to where the damage to the vehicle was.

I used to not wear the belt while on patrol but I do now.
                    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

We've lost way too many agents from this alone. Buckle up!

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                        While I agree seatbelts are very important, I've had two of my co workers thrown from their vehicles (they survived) and after DPS worked the accidents they concluded that had they been wearing their seatbelts they most likely would have died due to where the damage to the vehicle was.

I used to not wear the belt while on patrol but I do now.
                        That used to be my argument when I was much younger. My father was in an accident without his belt and ended up getting tossed into the rear of the car while most of everything between the steering column to part of the engine compartment ended up in the drivers seat. Had he had his belt on, he surely would have been killed. Over the years, experience has taught me that your chances of surviving with the belt are greater than the odd chance of living without it vs dying with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3624 users online. 189 members and 3435 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X