300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolcop.com

I was wondering if anyone has bought the vest cooling device from coolcop.com. I have one and think it is a great product. I used to get ribbing from other officers when I first bought the strange looking contraption. I am a officer who hates a wet t-shirt behind the vest. So after 45-60 minutes of use, I am completely dry (front side only) but what a difference cold air makes. I have owned this product for approximately 7 years. I am still currently using it. My fellow officers no longer give me grief about my hose as I call it. They think it's a great idea. Just the other day my assistant chief saw my coolcop attached to my a/c and wondered what it was. I let him try it for himself and let's just say he was "impressed". I recently read some old posts talking about coolcop.com. I was suprised that more officers have not taken advantage of this great product. Most of the officers thought it just looked to weird to use. I can tell you, it's a great conversation piece. I never tell people what it is. I make them guess. Two ladies once asked me if it was a breathalizer. Stay safe and of course COOL !

I'll stick to my under armour.

That thing scares me :P

Comment

I laughed at it the first time I saw it too, but when it reaches 115 degrees it's nice to have. I just blast my AC but a couple guys I know swear by them.

Comment

We have an officer that made his own....MUCH cheaper than the commercially-available product.

Comment

I think im going to get one myself. The hot humid weather annoys the sh*t out of me during the summer. Thanks for the tip aircop!

Comment

Make your own much cheaper>> 1 funnel, clear tube, hose clamp easy
            I would rather be judged by twelve then carried by six!

Never let down your guard! You are #1

Comment

if anyone's really made their own, i'd love to see pics of it. my partner and I were actually brainstorming an idea like this but something much more discrete

it get's DANG hot in the summers here and i'd love a way to keep myself cooler under the vest... and yes, i wear underarmor

Comment

It's great to see that I am not the only one who hates to be hot. Topcopper, I too would love to see how your funnel and hose would look and work. I think most departments would prefer the somewhat professional appearance the coolcop gives the public over a home built version, but who knows? You guys may be onto something better. The coolcop is a little expensive now compared to when I bought mine 7 years ago for $39.99. However the inventor has made some improvements like the ability to clip it to any a/c vent without velco and the a/c mount is different and better improved than my current system. I have had a lot of problems with my velco coming unglued from the dash. I have found that JB weld works for about a month before coming loose. If any body nows a better glue, please let me know.

Comment

I would love to have this especially since my police car windows are so dark no one could see in. With the humidity here I'm seriously thinking of buying one. Even with underarmor, that part of the shirt around my abdomen never dries. I wish there could be a structurally sound, porous material (to ventilate) that would stop bullets. I'm sure there can be...eventually.

Comment

I plan on buying one. They arnt cheap thats for sure.

Comment

fan24 and DeputyRyan,
                      Coolcop.com now sells their device through a lot of distributors. I found a place that sells them for $45. You are right they are a bit expensive, but worth it. I can tell you it's the best cooling device you will ever find. Tinted windows sounds pretty good, I could only imagine what the device would look like on an officer who wares a white uniform shirt. I'm just glad I ware a blue uniform. I hope you guys enjoy the benefits of coolcop soon. I am on vacation this week and we here in Oklahoma just got our first week of really hot weather. I'm just glad I'm off duty until Sunday, the humidity is a killer.

Comment

In Las Vegas its almost a prerequisite.
                        People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

R12GS,
                          How many of your guys use the coolcop. You guys definitely need one in the desert. At least you have the dry heat there, instead of the humidity we have here in OK. Do you personally use one and if so what do you think about the coolcop?

Comment

"Coolcop" is for guys who actually get out of the A/C cooled cruiser...I'm all set.
                            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

What does th part that goes under your vest look like? Is is something that you actually wear under the vest, or is is just a nozzle that directs the air down there?
                              "Don't mistake my kindness, for weakness"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3381 users online. 192 members and 3189 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X