300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood vs. Rich area

After reading Wilmington's post about "You know your in the hood when....." and LMAO with the replys! I have a question. Where would you rather work and in what area?
    I work in the area of town which is considered the hood, but my county also has a very rich area too. If I had my choice, I would pick the hood area over the rich section any day. Because, I can not stand to deal with the rich snobs. I would rather deal with the B.S. in the hood than deal with minor issues as my neighbor cut my grass B.S. Plus, where else can you get those funny stories in true form besides watching it on t.v. on the Jerry Springer show!
    Love to hear your responses!

I started my career in a rich area, and now work in an area with the $25.00 a week motels and "affordable housing" complexes.

I am MUCH happier dealing with poor people. The culture of cops (and admin types) who work in a rougher area is different, way less BS complaints to answer to, the shift goes by much quicker, less BS paper, cops who take officer safety seriously, and overall less stress.

I don't ever want to work a rich area again, until I'm in my 50's and can chill in a cruiser, answer the few petty calls that come in, and just collect a paycheck.

Comment

Hood life for me

The stories that I here on a daily basis, not to mention you basically know and speak to the folks in the hood. If they don't like what someone did in the hood they will rat those people out quicker than I can say "let me see your hands"
      LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working in da hood was great...at first. But after a while, I got tired of hearing "huh!" "who me!" and "peaky panish!" Although I enjoyed all the activity associated with working in the hood, I had to get out before my brain turned to mush
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I've done both...give me the hood any day.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
            Working in da hood was great...at first. But after a while, I got tired of hearing "huh!" "who me!" and "peaky panish!" Although I enjoyed all the activity associated with working in the hood, I had to get out before my brain turned to mush
            LOL, peaky panish always sounded like "Pinky Panties" to me.
            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

My jurisdiction (in So. CA.) has all economic classes from the homeless to the "uber-rich" Hollywood types. Dealing with the "under class" is generally so much better than the "upper class." They're all Adam Henrys when drunk or on drugs, but the rich ones think it's your job to drive them home after the booking.
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Thats what is good with where I work. They do a great job of hiding the hood's right next to the rich ones. Some places in my post have public housing and multi million dollar houses on the same street.

This allows for some great PR opportunities with the rich people...A good foot chase that starts in the hood and runs into the rich neighborhoods always impresses them when we catch them. I had an incident the other day where some juveniles stole a motor scooter and cut through the woods from the million dollar homes into the projects. Instead of responding immediately to the complainant, I drove through the hood and recovered the scooter. Nothing like showing up for a stolen property report with the stolen property in the trunk. The rich view this as excellent police work and don't mind writing letters saying so.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post

Google is my friend....

I wasn't pronouncing peaky panish right in my head and was wondering what you guys were talking about. I googled it and google asked if I meant, "peaky spanish."

I do hear that all the time, except when I answer their question with a NO, they proceed to speak to me in pretty good broken english. Yes, I love working the hood. They wait longer than the rich folk to report their brat as a runaway.

Comment

I did ghetto for 10 years and now into my 3rd at the boring middle-upper class burbs.
                    BORING, BORING BORING.
                    Oh and if you forget to do something like lock up a park or take a report and follow up on a barking dog complaint, you get a nasty gram from the Sgt or LT.

Hmmmm but in the same breath, Im not getting any younger and the older and SLOWER I get I think Ill take the burbs...{i think}
                    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                      Brother I know what your talking about! I love it for the same reasons why I hate it! I know that sounds weird but, I'm pretty sure you all can understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
                        Pink panties? I'd like to work your station
                        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Gimme tha hood. don't have to hear: "I know so and so...." or "Do you know who I am..." "I'll have your badge..." blah blah blah.

Give me bad guys all day long. They know they are bad guys and expect to be treated accordingly.
                          Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

I'll take the hood anyday. Worked both, and the hood is actually easier. Citizens in rich areas feel like they are priviledged or something like that.
                            "Nuts" ---Lieutenant General Harry Kinnard

Comment

A former co-worker of mine works in one of the "elite" rich areas around here. He told me he went to a possible heart at a really nice house and the victim's wife tried to insist that all the rescue personnel take off their boots because "we just had the carpet done".

If you're wondering....they didn't take their boots off.
                              The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 355 members and 5919 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X