Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAPD Officer Toni McBride sued for stopping an offender coming at her with a knife:

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Officer Toni McBride sued for stopping an offender coming at her with a knife:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/toni-mcbride/

https://theappeal.org/lapd-killing-social-media/
    Last edited by Aidokea; 07-05-2020, 11:52 PM.

Body cam video of the shooting:

https://youtu.be/PtSSNn_0GCU

Looked good to me...

Comment

• GoldBadge
      GoldBadge commented
      Editing a comment
      Textbook handling of the situation.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. She called for cover, asked if anybody had less lethal, shooed the bystanders away from a dangerous scene, solved the problem efficiently, called for an ambulance, advised additional units of safe direction of approach, quarterbacked the cuffing, communicated on the radio, and then helped clear the vehicle. Listen to how steady her voice was...

Anyone can be sued for anything , anytime.

It was taught in my academy 40 yrs ago that if you shot someone while on duty you PROBABLY would be sued in civil court even if you were cleared legally . I found out in my career that it really didn't take shooting someone to get sued.................The threshold was MUCH lower for people playing civil court lottery against the police.

Qualified Immunity AND the fact that I followed established procedures and written policy ensured that I wasn't going to have to pay a civil judgement. I was sued a number of times due to the positions I held. While NONE of them ended with a judgement -----a couple were settled out of court where deaths occurred that while being totally legally justified-----they looked bad. It was possible a jury would find it uncomfortable and might have found a much higher amount if it went to court.

Yea it looks like a good shoot

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It'd be more surprising if someone didn't sue her.

Comment

Its a good shoot. The lawsuit is par for the course.

Comment

An interesting dynamic of this one is how her online presence is being used against her- she has been prominently featured on Taran Epstein's...err...Taran Butler's YouTube channel shooting in skintight yoga pants and revealing tops alongside Jade Struck, Tori Nonaka, and other "gun bunnies", as well as modeling for Dillon's "Blue Press", Instagram modeling, and has worn a "Shootin' Newton" shirt in pics and videos on the internet. And all that stuff is now being used to target her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-f93B-HNIV/

There is an important lesson in there...
          Last edited by Aidokea; 07-07-2020, 01:45 AM.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I remember looking up my name in our local government's website civil search function years ago, and I was SURPRISED at how many lawsuits I was named in. I was never advised by my department about these suits, and I found out it was just regular 'business' to get sued.

My wife and I love the TV show "Bosch", and I still believe it is one of the best cop show on TV. In one episode, Bosch was sued for a justified shooting of his, but it didn't go his way so he was ordered to pay...$1.00. Still sad he lost.

Comment

We can all see a good shoot. I would hate to be ANY officer in a fatal shooting these days... good or bad. Plus she also has a very unfortunately extensive social media presence that will be twisted "learn to kill more better".

Will she lose the lawsuit? Probably not, but she's in for a miserable year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                  An interesting dynamic of this one is how her online presence is being used against her- she has been prominently featured on Taran Epstein's...err...Taran Butler's YouTube channel shooting in skintight yoga pants and revealing tops alongside Jade Struck, Tori Nonaka, and other "gun bunnies", as well as modeling for Dillon's "Blue Press", Instagram modeling, and has worn a "Shootin' Newton" shirt in pics and videos on the internet. And all that stuff is now being used to target her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-f93B-HNIV/

There is an important lesson in there...
                  Your honor, it it will help move things along, the Defendant will stipulate to the court that she is young and attractive.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

Your honor, it it will help move things along, the Defendant will stipulate to the court that she is young and attractive.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Is she the one who accused Taren of sexual misconduct?
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
                        Aidokea commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, that was Jade Struck. He's reportedly known Jade since she was about 15, hired her when she was 16, gave her a car, and was paying her about $100K a year. Reportedly, things turned sexual at some point, that video was filmed (hopefully after she turned 18), and now that she's finally old enough to buy alcohol, they split up, and the video became public.

But that's not the worst scandal involving his young female "team members"...
                        Last edited by Aidokea; 07-08-2020, 11:23 PM.

• CCCSD
                        CCCSD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks. He’s dirty.

• Aidokea
                        Aidokea commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tori Nonaka is also on his "team". At 15, she was banging Jessie Abbate's husband, who subsequently went to prison for it. Now she shoots in sports bras and yoga pants in TTI videos:

https://youtu.be/_WSqIlrHL3s

If you shoot someone out here in SoCal, there is a 100% chance that you will be sued for it

The bigger question is whether LA City is going to actually going to fight this in court, or are they going to roll over and pay without a fight?
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        If you shoot someone out here in SoCal, there is a 100% chance that you will be sued for it

The bigger question is whether LA City is going to actually going to fight this in court, or are they going to roll over and pay without a fight?
                        They will will fold like a cheap suit and pay.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post

They will will fold like a cheap suit and pay.
                          In the feds, if a lawsuit made it past the initial government dismissal motions, no matter how frivolous, a "nuisance settlement" offer would be made to dump the case.
                          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4854 users online. 283 members and 4571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X