300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Floyd

Havent seen anything here, so Ill start.

SHAMEFUL!

Following training and policy guidelines.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Following training and policy guidelines.
      This is true, but no officer I know continues to use force after the threat is mitigated. "Cuffs on, hands off." That didn't happen. I was around when "sleeper" holds were authorized and I was trained to use them. Never had to. We knew it was dangerous if used, so there were other ways to accomplish the arrest. 4 guys arresting this guy for petit larceny and an approaching Deadly Force tactic was used.

Sorry, these guys screwed up big time.

Comment

I never said they didn’t mess up. I said they were within policy.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• fedmunds2
          fedmunds2 commented
          Editing a comment
          You sound like you don’t need to be on here talking that mess. You just literally said they were in policy and guideline . What policy and guideline states that a officer has to Put there knee into a persons neck? I’ll wait for your response. Obviously, they couldn’t be in policy if they were fired and charged.

. This is true, but no officer I know continues to use force after the threat is mitigated. "Cuffs on, hands off."
        I wasn’t there, so I don’t know if they were within policy, justified, or not...

I -do- know that if you think handcuffs mean the threat is over, you’re eventually going to be in for a surprise. People in cuffs have shot, stabbed and strangled officers... stolen cruisers, escaped and otherwise gotten up to shenanigans.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Always carry off duty and watch your rearview mirror as you are driving home from the station these days more than ever.
          Last edited by SHU; 06-01-2020, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

I wasn’t there, so I don’t know if they were within policy, justified, or not...

I -do- know that if you think handcuffs mean the threat is over, you’re eventually going to be in for a surprise. People in cuffs have shot, stabbed and strangled officers... stolen cruisers, escaped and otherwise gotten up to shenanigans.
            Also most of us at one time or another have been amped up & adrenaline dumped after a chase, scuffle , or other situation where it took a bit of time to settle down.

UOF under the best circumstances is not pretty and mistakes made can be deadly FOR EITHER SIDE.

We have ALL been taught at one time or another in defensive tactics that where the head goes the body goes.....................his head was pinned to the ground and his body stayed there too......

NOT condoning what happened in Minneapolis but I can understand HOW it happened.

The autopsy should be a defense document.

I was very involved in a in custody death around 2005 where the autopsy never did determine a REASON for the death . It was decided by evidence that it was positional asphyxia and me and my officers were cleared of legal responsibility in the death .............but it was a long 6 months of investigation .

The state attorney general recommended and the executive council settled the lawsuit for uner 200K
            Last edited by OfficerDotCom; 06-05-2020, 03:03 PM.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I don't understand how it happened. The guy is cuffed, and he needs to be moved off his stomach. Roll him to his side. You can roll him from one side to the other while you search the crap out of him. We've know that since at least the 80's -- it is not a new revelation.

Comment

My prediction = the cop is found not guilty.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
                  Iowa #1603 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I highly doubt there is anywhere in Minnesota that would find him not guilty.

Too emotionally charged.... too leery of another riot

..My guess would be a manslaughter due to the negligent behavior.

Let’s wait for the toxicology report to be released. I suspect that we will see that drugs contributed or are the sole cause of death.
                “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
                DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• just joe
                  just joe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The coroner has already ruled that Floyd had an underlying heart condition, so drugs aren't going to be the sole cause. Maybe a contributing factor.

• Exbpa340
                  Exbpa340 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nearly half of ALL adult Americans have cardiovascular disease (48 percent to be exact). One question is the severity of his conditions to determine how much of a role (if any) they played into his death.

Like I said let’s wait and see what he had in his system..

Also, Dr Baden is scheduled to release his autopsy results this afternoon.

• SHU
                  SHU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He might of had an 8 ball of coke in him.

There are really two issues as I see it. The first is the appropriateness of the restraining technique, and the second is whether the use of the restraint was a substantial or proximate factor in Floyd's death. Even if the officer is found not guilty (I think that he will probably be found guilty of some type of negligent or reckless manslaughter), he is probably most certainly be found responsible in a civil wrongful death suit that is sure to follow, especially when his employer testifies against him.

Comment

Dr Baden autopsy results are in....

Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Allecia Wilson performed the autopsy and said there was "neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain," according to Crump's statement. They added that "weight on the back, handcuffs and positioning were contributory factors because they impaired the ability of Mr. Floyd’s diaphragm to function."

Baden and Wilson said it appeared that Floyd died at the scene of the incident.

"What we found is consistent with what people saw," Baden said. "There is no other health issue that could cause or contribute to the death. Police have this false impression that if you can talk, you can breathe. That’s not true."

Still waiting in the toxicology though.

Wonder if the Clinton (Defense) rule applies here.... “no intent” = no crime.
                  “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

Comment

Reports indicate that the toxicology is in and......yep drugs found in his system specifically “fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use” but I’m sure current and past drug use didn’t contribute at all to his death.

Comment

• Exbpa340
                      Exbpa340 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not an expert on fentanyl but It is a respiratory depressant – it interferes with the user’s ability to breathe.

Yeah I’m sure that it didn’t contribute at all to Mr Floyd’s death. Also, apparently Dr Baden didn’t have access to the toxicology report when he did/released his findings.

• SHU
                      SHU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Surprise surprise. Thats called reasonable doubt in court.
                      Last edited by SHU; 06-01-2020, 08:37 PM.

Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post
                    Dr Baden autopsy results are in....

Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Allecia Wilson performed the autopsy and said there was "neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain," according to Crump's statement. They added that "weight on the back, handcuffs and positioning were contributory factors because they impaired the ability of Mr. Floyd’s diaphragm to function."

Baden and Wilson said it appeared that Floyd died at the scene of the incident.

"What we found is consistent with what people saw," Baden said. "There is no other health issue that could cause or contribute to the death. Police have this false impression that if you can talk, you can breathe. That’s not true."

Still waiting in the toxicology though.

Wonder if the Clinton (Defense) rule applies here.... “no intent” = no crime.
                    Sorry but Baden lost his edge years ago. He’s little more than a talking head for the news programs and a big name for cases like this. The man hasn’t been a full-time forensic pathologist since the 70’s. Plus, he’s admitted that he’s using things like the video to make his “determinations,” not just the medical evidence. He can speculate on what MAY have happened medically from watching the videos, but a legitimate forensic pathologist relys on medical fact and evidence, not speculation.

Remember when he said that Michael Brown was kneeling and surrendering and only waffled when other forensic pathologists argued with him? If he can screw something like that up, it brings his expertise into question.

I attended one of his trainings probably 15 years ago and it was clear then that he wasn’t at the top of his game anymore. I take his determinations in anything with a large grain of salt.
                    Last edited by Bing_Oh; 06-02-2020, 02:23 AM.
                    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Two questions for the old-heads:

what do the protestors want from us? I can’t seem to hear any coherent and consistent message from anyone. Everything is just hyperbole with no practical policy suggestions.

what kind of changes can we expect in the coming years?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4777 users online. 328 members and 4449 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X