300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Bizzare Patchs or Seals.

What's the most bizzare police patch or municipal seal you've ever seen? For me it's the Village of Whitesboro NY. Thier seal features a pioneer looking guy choking an Indian (or maybe trying to hug him). The seal is still on the side of thier patrol cars, and was on thier PD patches untill just a few years ago. No offense to the Whitesboro PD.

The ear, nose and eye on the emblem for the Calfornia Dept of Vital Statistics (Rumor Control Division).
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I had to look up some info on that seal !! LOL
      From their website:
      THE SEAL: In researching the Seal, another earlier drawing was found in an article in the Saturday Globe 1922. Whitesboro's Insignia, "The Parent Seal of all Western New York", was borne aloft on the aeroplane of Liet. Edgar Graves White, fifth in descent of the pioneer settler of the vast territory, over the battlefields of Europe. He was chosen one of 100 out of a waiting list of 4,500 to be trained by the Royal English Flying Corps. Since he was supplying his own flying machine, he was permitted to place his own insignia upon it and was granted permission by the Liberty Loan Committee of Whitesboro. He flew in the One Hundred and Eighty-second Aerial Squadron over the battlefields of France.
      In 1923-25, the Treasurer's Report for the Village of Whitesboro displayed this same seal, and the old stamping hand press model is also of this seal. These items are on display at the Historical Society, 10 Moseley Street, Whitesboro, New York. In 1963, the Seal was re-designed by local artist, George E. Pugh, to commemorate the Village's Sesquicentennial. In an article of the Observer Dispatch, written by Joe Kelly in 1977, a notice of claim was filed with the Village Board saying the seal depicts a "white man choking an Indian" and said the seal demeans, disgraces and creates prejudice and distrust of Indian people. He asked the Village to stop displaying the seal. As a result of this, the seal was re-designed with Hugh White's hands being placed on the Indian's shoulders and not so close to his neck. The wrestling match was an important event in the history of the settling of the Village of Whitesboro and helped foster good relations between White and the Indians. The new version is displayed on Village trucks, highway equipment, letterheads and documents.

Comment

The badge from the simpsons, the one that says "Cash Bribes Only"
        We scream for fear of suffering silence. - Savage Garden

Comment

Years ago, I went to specialized training where they had patches from agencies all over the country, who had sent cops to train...among them was a very simple patch, with two-colors tan & brown, a point-down triangle....it was from a town on the southwest of Martha's Vineyard, Aquinnah, and it had just three words: Gay Head Police. And no, I'm not making this up.

Now, if you don't believe there is such a place, whatever you do, at least while at work, Google those first two words, along with MA, only on the Google MAP setting....not on web/images! Otherwise, you'll likely be very sorry!
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
            Gay Head Police. And no, I'm not making this up.

Now, if you don't believe there is such a place, whatever you do, at least while at work, Google those first two words, along with MA, only on the Google MAP setting....not on web/images! Otherwise, you'll likely be very sorry!
            Everyone sing along: "Y......MCA!"
            If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5417 users online. 301 members and 5116 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X