300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Plates

Any of you guys/girls out in Washington know of a reason I can't run a Washington State plate off of a tractor trailer? I tried my NYSPIN and called the Washington SP and they couldn't get the info either. I had a hit and run last week with pictures of the plate and it just doesn't work. Thanks

If you're working from a photograph, my best guess would be that you're reading the number wrong. Are the letters green on a white background? If so, it could be a really old plate that has been purged.

Comment

Washington plates

It is red with white lettering, and the complainant read the same plate to me before the pictures were developed. I'm wondering if Washington DMV could give me some info?

Comment

Here are pictures of special plates in washington.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...ialdesign.html
        Retired

Comment

Is it a fleet plate?

Maybe a International Registration Plan plate? (multi-state plate)

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/prorate.html

Comment

Originally posted by NY Troop View Post
            It is red with white lettering, and the complainant read the same plate to me before the pictures were developed. I'm wondering if Washington DMV could give me some info?
            I don't do Commercial Motor Vehicle enforcement but I've never seen a white on red WA truck plate.

You may contact the Vehicles Section of WA Dept of Licensing at [email protected] or (360) 902-3770.

Another resource would be http://www.alpca.org/ the Automobile License Plate Collectors Association.

Comment

Sounds more like an Oregon commercial plate, or it could be one of the now obsolete OR fuel tax plates that are still sometimes (illegally) displayed on WA licensed commercial vehicles.

Up until a couple of years ago, OR did not participate in the IFTA fuel tax program, and instead issued plates that were required to be displayed to purchase diesel fuel in OR. If that is the case, the OR plate should have a four letter prefix and 3 numbers following if I remember correctly.
              Living the Dream... One Day at a Time!

Comment

wash plates

thanks all, I have contact with the trucking company via the trailer plate. We will see where that leads me. I'll let you know what happens with the tractor plate if I find out. Thanks again. This site is great. Need anything in NY let me know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5601 users online. 319 members and 5282 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X