Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emtguy89
    replied
    Back to the topic, I've had this issue everywhere I've worked because I stop everything I can, get out with everything I can, etc. It's fun, and I'm paid to work, not to sit.

Previous supervisor made a formal complaint about a dispatcher who didn't take information for a traffic stop. Current supervisor received a complaint from dispatch because I made too many traffic stops, his answer: "Well I'm not gonna tell him NOT to work."

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Aidokea, Is it possible you’re reacting to a social phenomenon that occurs when two individuals interact and one feels a sexual desire, but the consummation never happens?
    I'm not attracted to whales...

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

I don't think anyone would reprimand me for ruining a donut...
    Aidokea, Is it possible you’re reacting to a social phenomenon that occurs when two individuals interact and one feels a sexual desire, but the consummation never happens?
    Last edited by BTDT2; 01-30-2020, 09:30 PM. Reason: Ynot

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied

You do realize this would result in a letter of reprimand (LOR) and subsequent standing ovation at briefing?
    I don't think anyone would reprimand me for ruining a donut...

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    I would have tossed a Crispy Creme donut in front of a bus as she was walking by, just to get rid of her...
    You do realize this would result in a letter of reprimand (LOR) and subsequent standing ovation at briefing?

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    I would have tossed a Crispy Creme donut in front of a bus as she was walking by, just to get rid of her...

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    . .

Aidokea I understand why you don't want to provoke Denise…..
    Last edited by BTDT2; 01-28-2020, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    Like I said, I would never do that.

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by aidokea View Post
    i have no problem being the first one in the door, serving a high-risk warrant. I've ridden the world's most deadly motorcycle road racing course (the isle of man tt snaefel mountain course) at triple-digit speeds.

But i would never attempt something as dangerous as placing any part of my body between denise and a crispy creme doughnut.
    lmao
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perhaps OP et al will find it beneficial (if not amusing) if you post circumstances and body part you have placed near Denise.
    Last edited by BTDT2; 01-28-2020, 03:36 PM. Reason: Ynot

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    I have no problem being the first one in the door, serving a high-risk warrant. I've ridden the world's most deadly motorcycle road racing course (the Isle of Man TT Snaefel Mountain Course) at triple-digit speeds.

But I would NEVER attempt something as dangerous as placing any part of my body between Denise and a Crispy Creme doughnut.
    Last edited by Aidokea; 01-27-2020, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
    "I don't want Saluki89 on my shift because..."

So I heard from a partner that a dispatcher is pretty vocal about me and how they don't want me on their shift because "saluki89 always finds himself into **** I don't want to deal with".
    Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
    So Who's Barefoot Beauty???
    Asking for a friend.
    It was me haha got you

Maybe because she knows you're the Barefoot Beauty?
    You may want to try a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts,
    I believe it worked for Aidokea and Denise.
    Last edited by BTDT2; 01-26-2020, 06:46 PM. Reason: ynot

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied

Aidokea until this post, I didn’t realize we both retired from the same department. Are you the one who discovered a crossword puzzle under a dispatchers note pad?
    Well, let's compare notes-

We had one dispatcher, whose name I won't mention out of professional courtesy, but her first initial is Denise.

Denise may have been hot at some point in the past, probably around age 18.

But the following decade or so involved a sedentary job, crappy delivery food, heavy alcohol consumption, and a total lack of exercise, causing her to join the ranks of the protected class known as the "circumferentially-challenged" (also known as the "gravitationally impaired"). If she turned around quickly, it would cause a sonic boom.

Yet she continued to wobble from her highly-waxed 10 year old financed Lexus (with incredibly vain vanity plates) to the office on her ridiculously tall stripper shoes, skin-tight lycra revealing every unpleasant aspect of her enormous (and continuously growing) cottage cheese buttocks.

In spite of this, she acted like she was the hottest thing in the world, and apparently thought that meant that she could get away with anything.

She clicked her tongue and sighed over the air at almost every request made by almost every officer. She intentionally made us wait longer than necessary, and bullied the rookie officers in particular. She corrected officers with a condescending tone over the air, as if she thought she was a police supervisor. She was just downright snotty, with every radio transmission she made.

If she answered the land line when officers called, she'd often put us on hold and then just never come back. We'd have to hang up and call back, hoping that another dispatcher would answer instead.

She doesn't work there anymore. She may have been fired, she may have resigned to avoid getting fired- I don't know. While she was there, I tried to get on her good side...but it was just too long of a trip.
    Last edited by Aidokea; 01-22-2020, 03:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    commented on 's reply
    IF the dispatcher is whining because an officer is simply doing their job and cutting into their Facebooking/Pinteresting/crosswording time, then it's the dispatcher who should be "getting on the team." Officers shouldn't be curtailing legitimate enforcement because it "annoys" a dispatcher.

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    ...in a perfect world...

• BTDT2
    replied
    Sometimes the problem IS the dispatcher. For starters, they are not vetted nearly to the degree that officers are.

And most dispatchers are adult females. Since the two components of psychosis are "female" and "past the age of puberty", bad things happen when you put a bunch of them together in a room with no windows. At our dispatch center, half of them had civil restraining orders against the other half.

Expecting rational interactions with these people is a reach...
    Aidokea until this post, I didn’t realize we both retired from the same department. Are you the one who discovered a crossword puzzle under a dispatchers note pad?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3937 users online. 295 members and 3642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X