300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't want Saluki89 on my shift because..."

So I heard from a partner that a dispatcher is pretty vocal about me and how they don't want me on their shift because "saluki89 always finds himself into **** I don't want to deal with".

I am now wondering if I hit things too hard. I run alot of traffic but everyone does here. That individual is the only dispatcher that has a problem with me and I'm rarely ever on duty with them.

I don't want to be a pest to my dispatchers but we both have a job to do. I don't have full LEADS access so I can't use our MDT.

Their job is to support you, and your job is to crush crime. Keep getting at it.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

So, are you just "the s*** magnet" that every department has? Are you one of those cops that takes pleasure in getting himself into stupid s*** just for the joy of pestering his co-workers? Or are you just doing your job and this particular dispatcher's someone who just likes to whine?

If you're the first, you really can't control it...it's like a curse for some LEO's. No, it's not particularly fun, but it is what it is.

If it's the second, then knock it off. Personally, I can't stand s***-stirrers who take pleasure in making the job worse than it has to be.

If it's the third, then advise them to "suck it up, Sally." Everybody has a job to do. Yours is to find and deal with bad guys. Theirs is to answer the phone, document calls that come in, and give info (including LEADS) over the radio.

Oh, there's also another possibility...you might be someone who takes dispatch for granted. I have worked with and still work with officers who believe that dispatchers have it easy and get annoyed VERY quickly when dispatch doesn't read their mind and give them exactly what they want before they even ask for it. I work dispatch periodically because of scheduling (small department with our own dispatch) and worked it for several months full-time when I was on light duty from an injury. Even at the best times, it's not as easy as it looks and can be akin to juggling a half dozen chainsaws when things get busy. Yes, it can be frustrating when a dispatcher doesn't get us what we need as quickly as we would like, but (if you're one of "those guys"...and I'm not saying that you are) cut them a little slack.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been called the **** magnet several times by coworkers and supervisors. "It takes a turd to know a turd" they say.

FWIW I'm the only person who got the dispatchers gifts for Christmas. I very much appreciate the job they do and several of them have commented on the way I work and how I don't sound like a dick over the radio to them. This one is the oldest and most senior of the bunch and works overnights. Sometimes our shifts overlap while I'm running interstate.

I wish I had a MDT but that's not my decision to make. It's gotten to the point that I just stop running radar when he comes on for the last few hrs of my shift because I don't want to bother him. I average 20-30 traffic stops for my 10 hr shift but that's pretty common for our area since we have so much interstate to cover.
        Last edited by Saluki89; 01-20-2020, 12:49 PM.

Your dispatcher is your life line, of equal or greater value than a partner or back-up unit. You are a part of a team and that team includes everyone you work with and rely upon.

Stay on the team. Enough said?

Comment

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        ...in a perfect world...

• Bing_Oh
        Bing_Oh commented
        Editing a comment
        IF the dispatcher is whining because an officer is simply doing their job and cutting into their Facebooking/Pinteresting/crosswording time, then it's the dispatcher who should be "getting on the team." Officers shouldn't be curtailing legitimate enforcement because it "annoys" a dispatcher.

Sometimes the problem IS the dispatcher. For starters, they are not vetted nearly to the degree that officers are.

And most dispatchers are adult females. Since the two components of psychosis are "female" and "past the age of puberty", bad things happen when you put a bunch of them together in a room with no windows. At our dispatch center, half of them had civil restraining orders against the other half.

Expecting rational interactions with these people is a reach...

Comment

Because he’s a big stupid doody-headed meanie who hurts my feelings.

Congratulations Officer, you made it!
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
          Sometimes the problem IS the dispatcher. For starters, they are not vetted nearly to the degree that officers are.

And most dispatchers are adult females. Since the two components of psychosis are "female" and "past the age of puberty", bad things happen when you put a bunch of them together in a room with no windows. At our dispatch center, half of them had civil restraining orders against the other half.

Expecting rational interactions with these people is a reach...
          Aidokea until this post, I didn’t realize we both retired from the same department. Are you the one who discovered a crossword puzzle under a dispatchers note pad?

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Aidokea until this post, I didn’t realize we both retired from the same department. Are you the one who discovered a crossword puzzle under a dispatchers note pad?
            Well, let's compare notes-

We had one dispatcher, whose name I won't mention out of professional courtesy, but her first initial is Denise.

Denise may have been hot at some point in the past, probably around age 18.

But the following decade or so involved a sedentary job, crappy delivery food, heavy alcohol consumption, and a total lack of exercise, causing her to join the ranks of the protected class known as the "circumferentially-challenged" (also known as the "gravitationally impaired"). If she turned around quickly, it would cause a sonic boom.

Yet she continued to wobble from her highly-waxed 10 year old financed Lexus (with incredibly vain vanity plates) to the office on her ridiculously tall stripper shoes, skin-tight lycra revealing every unpleasant aspect of her enormous (and continuously growing) cottage cheese buttocks.

In spite of this, she acted like she was the hottest thing in the world, and apparently thought that meant that she could get away with anything.

She clicked her tongue and sighed over the air at almost every request made by almost every officer. She intentionally made us wait longer than necessary, and bullied the rookie officers in particular. She corrected officers with a condescending tone over the air, as if she thought she was a police supervisor. She was just downright snotty, with every radio transmission she made.

If she answered the land line when officers called, she'd often put us on hold and then just never come back. We'd have to hang up and call back, hoping that another dispatcher would answer instead.

She doesn't work there anymore. She may have been fired, she may have resigned to avoid getting fired- I don't know. While she was there, I tried to get on her good side...but it was just too long of a trip.
            Last edited by Aidokea; 01-22-2020, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
              "I don't want Saluki89 on my shift because..."

So I heard from a partner that a dispatcher is pretty vocal about me and how they don't want me on their shift because "saluki89 always finds himself into **** I don't want to deal with".
              Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
              So Who's Barefoot Beauty???
              Asking for a friend.
              It was me haha got you

Maybe because she knows you're the Barefoot Beauty?
              You may want to try a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts,
              I believe it worked for Aidokea and Denise.
              Last edited by BTDT2; 01-26-2020, 06:46 PM. Reason: ynot

Comment

I have no problem being the first one in the door, serving a high-risk warrant. I've ridden the world's most deadly motorcycle road racing course (the Isle of Man TT Snaefel Mountain Course) at triple-digit speeds.

But I would NEVER attempt something as dangerous as placing any part of my body between Denise and a Crispy Creme doughnut.
                Last edited by Aidokea; 01-27-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aidokea View Post
                  i have no problem being the first one in the door, serving a high-risk warrant. I've ridden the world's most deadly motorcycle road racing course (the isle of man tt snaefel mountain course) at triple-digit speeds.

But i would never attempt something as dangerous as placing any part of my body between denise and a crispy creme doughnut.
                  lmao
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Perhaps OP et al will find it beneficial (if not amusing) if you post circumstances and body part you have placed near Denise.
                  Last edited by BTDT2; 01-28-2020, 03:36 PM. Reason: Ynot

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like I said, I would never do that.

. .

Aidokea I understand why you don't want to provoke Denise…..
                  Last edited by BTDT2; 01-28-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I would have tossed a Crispy Creme donut in front of a bus as she was walking by, just to get rid of her...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                      I would have tossed a Crispy Creme donut in front of a bus as she was walking by, just to get rid of her...
                      You do realize this would result in a letter of reprimand (LOR) and subsequent standing ovation at briefing?

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

You do realize this would result in a letter of reprimand (LOR) and subsequent standing ovation at briefing?
                        I don't think anyone would reprimand me for ruining a donut...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4565 users online. 218 members and 4347 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X