Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aidokea, congrats! Enjoy life. I certainly hope that you and your wife have a LONG time together, post-cancer-treatment.

I will up-date all of you on my activities - no, please, I am HAPPY to do so!

I just finished working, locally, for our recent Federal election; I started in September, working a few hours a week on average, mostly moving, organizing, and counting, necessary forms, as well as picking up and / or delivering materials. On Oct 21, election day, I was asked to work in a town about 100 miles away, so was gone from 05:45 to 21:50 (yes, meals were paid, but only actual-cost, NOT full Federal Government travel directive allowance, damn it!). $15 / hr + $0.51 / km (~ $0.40 / mi) for use of my vehicle.

I am rehearsing with our local amateur theatre group to perform 3 shows in mid December.

I am the Financial Secretary for my local KofC Council - processing receipts and payments, chairing our local campaign for a Province-wide fund-raising raffle, preparing our annual budget, preparing semi-annual audit reports, and collecting annual membership dues payments.

One of our sons got married here in August, after which my wife and daughters went away on a mother & daughters trip to NY while I went to Ontario to visit my family, then we recently attended a wedding out of town for the daughter of one of my wife's cousins, all of which were great times.

Pension payments are JUST the best!

#32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post

Pension payments are JUST the best!
      They make all the crap we put up with for so long ......worthwhile.

Mine come in the last working day of the month........................Oh HAPPY DAY !!!!!

Social Security pay day is the 3rd Wednesday of the month.............
      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-24-2019, 08:33 AM.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• PeteBroccolo
        PeteBroccolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Canada Pension Plan payments USED TO only begin at age 65, but several years ago we could begin receiving reduced payments at age 60 OR can delay receiving them until age 70 for higher payments. We kind-of have to gamble - sooner or more.
        Further, anyone receiving payments from another public pension plan set-up prior to CPP, such as RCMP, or most teachers, are subject to a claw-back of a portion of their non-CPP payments at age 65, whether or not they have taken CPP before, or by, then. I am not that well-versed on it, but it involves a "bridging" component of the non-CPP public plan to CPP.
        Some Canadians subject of the claw-back take CPP early, in the belief that the sooner but smaller payments will eventually compensate for the claw-back. My boss (wife) advised me STRONGLY to NOT avail myself of early-and-reduced-CPP.
        We could also receive an Old Age Supplement, based on your total income; suffice to say, I doubt I will qualify for same.
        The other consideration for Canadians who receive a pension is, if we go back to work, we have to ensure that we have indicated to our employer the proper tax deductions they must do for us, otherwise we get hit with an unexpectedly high amount of tax-owing when we do our tax returns. That happened to me last year, and if not full paid, then corrected at THAT point, Canada Revenue Agency demands a penalty payment plus quarterly tax payments.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

They make all the crap we put up with for so long ......worthwhile.
      No it doesn't.

I earned every penny of my pension, apart from all the crap I put up with for so long.

Comment

Old thread I know, but I'm an old guy and retired so it works.

I too spit out my coffee whilst reading the creation of the 1/8th scale reproduction. That was fabulous!

I had a co worker before I pulled the pin that was former Las Vegas Metro motor officer. He told me his last day his Lt told him to turn in his bike in an angry tone that was always expected and always given. He did as he was told. Right on top of the Lt's desk.

I thought how original.

Then I googled this.

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Just a quick update- After calling the Mayor's office to complain, I FINALLY received a check for my unused vacation and two days of back pay owed me from a union grievance I won LAST SEPTEMBER regarding a bull**** Internal Affairs investigation initiated by Lt. Needledick.
        Last edited by Aidokea; 02-06-2020, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Ratatatat
          Ratatatat commented
          Editing a comment
          Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

-Malcolm Forbes

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5484 users online. 320 members and 5164 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X