Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first day of retirement...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    For me, it will be no more waking up in the middle of the night worrying about a particular poorly-supervised, arrogant, narcissistic, emotionally fragile, and incredibly vain Napoleon-complex Lieutenant

    My similar bitter sentiments evaporated pretty quickly. Two weeks before I retired, I wrote a long and angry F You email which I intended to send on my last day. I didn't send it though, partly because IT shut me out before I walked.

    Within a month, all that internal vinegar was gone. I used to sit on my deck and brood about the injustices and how broken the machine was. Now I just look at birds and the high blue windless sky.

    That said, I will be voiding on a couple of headstones someday....
    “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

    Hanlon's razor

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post


      My similar bitter sentiments evaporated pretty quickly. Two weeks before I retired, I wrote a long and angry F You email which I intended to send on my last day. I didn't send it though, partly because IT shut me out before I walked.

      Within a month, all that internal vinegar was gone. I used to sit on my deck and brood about the injustices and how broken the machine was. Now I just look at birds and the high blue windless sky.

      That said, I will be voiding on a couple of headstones someday....
      Yep, I ended up re thinking how torked off I was with a certain manager who screwed me over. I still don't like him , but realize that the promotion I didn't get ..............I really wouldn't have liked very much under the circumstances Yea the extra money in retirement (about 2k per year) would have been nice but not worth the stress that I would have had.

      I have a few headstones that I will be visiting too
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

      Comment


      • #18
        Yeah, I had considered doing a lot of things in that area, but even before I retired, I realized that the best thing to do, would simply be to leave him in my past.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
          Has been very, very nice. I woke up at 0330 and was so excited, I wasn't able to get back to sleep.
          I was able to stay retired from the Army for about six months. Then I got a job a Starbucks because I was bored.

          Now I'm a cop as my retirement gig. I hope things work out for you, enjoy the relaxation then when the time comes find something you enjoy to keep busy.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

          "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

            For me, it will be no more waking up in the middle of the night worrying about a particular poorly-supervised, arrogant, narcissistic, emotionally fragile, and incredibly vain Napoleon-complex Lieutenant gunning for good officers like me, using the administrative investigation process as a weapon to further his personal vendetta against any officer that he just plain doesn't like on a personal level...with no repercussions for him just randomly flinging $hit against the wall to see if he can make anything stick.
            Damn Aidokea

            Didn't know we worked for the same department and LT....small world.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

              Damn Aidokea

              Didn't know we worked for the same department and LT....small world.
              No, I think he left the dept. I retired from.

              Aidokea, just wanted to say congratulations. I retired a year ago last August. Haven't been back. I keep up with the former co-workers/friends that I choose to, usually via facebook. I'm enjoying life and working toward what to do next. I don't want to do anything LEO oriented. I have a modest pension and it's enough to live comfortably. Life is good. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, that job was killing me. It was the smartest decision I've ever made in my life.

              I'm very happy for you.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Zeitgeist1 View Post

                No, I think he left the dept. I retired from.

                Aidokea, just wanted to say congratulations. I retired a year ago last August. Haven't been back. I keep up with the former co-workers/friends that I choose to, usually via facebook. I'm enjoying life and working toward what to do next. I don't want to do anything LEO oriented. I have a modest pension and it's enough to live comfortably. Life is good. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, that job was killing me. It was the smartest decision I've ever made in my life.

                I'm very happy for you.
                Thank you. I completely understand what you're saying.

                And congratulations for surviving.

                I think the thing that kept me going all those years, was to have a strong cup of coffee when I got up every day, to go make a startlingly accurate 1/8-scale sculpture of him in the bathroom, and then to pull the silver handle on the tank and watch him disappear.

                Comment


                • #23
                  We gave him his own personal informal radio call sign: One-Delta-Ten-Tango.

                  If you're not able to visualize that call sign, write it down, and I'm sure you'll get it...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

                    Thank you. I completely understand what you're saying.

                    And congratulations for surviving.

                    I think the thing that kept me going all those years, was to have a strong cup of coffee when I got up every day, to go make a startlingly accurate 1/8-scale sculpture of him in the bathroom, and then to pull the silver handle on the tank and watch him disappear.
                    Buddy you owe me a keyboard! I just spit my coffee all over it! That is classic!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, it was inspired.

                  • #25
                    My last day of work with LASD was just another shift,,no one offered a retirement party, didn't want one anyway...All I was to LA County Sheriff was a 6 digit employee number..Drove home, packed up my SUV with all my fishing and camping gear and went camping/fly fishing for 2 weeks all by myself. Been retired now for 20 years and never once miss the job,,have virtually no contact with anyone from the dept...Do enjoy going to the LASD retired roundup in Laughlin Nevada every year as its the largest reunion of retired police officers in the world....every year almost 1200 retired Deputies show up for 4 days.. My passion in retirement is fly fishing and I spend well over 100 days a year fishing and camping...Retirement is great and love having fully paid medical from the county.
                    Retired LASD

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 8084 users online. 381 members and 7703 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X