300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote microphone strap

I'm looking for a strap to hold my remote mike to the chest of my exterior vest, but no amount of searching on Galls or Amazon is finding what I'm looking for.

Suggestions?

Molle carrier or the kind that blend in with your uniform shirt? I wear my mic in the center of my chest, just below my neckline. I'm now wearing molle and havn't had any problems just running the clip through a molle loop. When I was wearing the kind that blends with the uniform shirt, I had a loop of fabric sewn into the gig line of the uniform shirt specifically for the mic clip.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

What kind of mic are you talking about? Body cam, dash cam, portable radio?

Comment

Portable radio mic, sort of like this.

I have some molle on my external vest, but it's lower on the vest, not up by the chest.

The reason I want a removable strap of some sort is that I'd like the ability to use it both on my external vest as well as on my uniform shirt on those occasions when I have to wear the internal vest.

Comment

• HI629
          HI629 commented
          Editing a comment
          Clip on the mic won’t fit one of the molle loops?

It's not particularly difficult to sew a fabric loop onto your carriers and uniform shirts and it's a very secure way to hold your mic. If you don't want to do that, I suppose you could sew a button into your carrier and use one of those mic straps that would normally attach to the epaulet button. Any way it goes, I'm guessing you're not going to find anything specifically designed for use with both and you'll have to do a bit of jury-rigging.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Mine goes on my shoulder on my external carrier

Comment

^Same. Mine clips on the shoulder part of the vest carrier.

Comment

Check out the Mic Loop. com. They have one for external and one for internal vests.

Comment

It's not particularly difficult to sew a fabric loop onto your carriers and uniform shirts and it's a very secure way to hold your mic.
                I'm afraid I don't sew.

Mine goes on my shoulder on my external carrier
                Not looking to attach to my shoulder, for a variety of reasons not worth going into here.

I'm guessing you're not going to find anything specifically designed for use with both
                I ran into another officer from a neighboring jurisdiction on a call last night, and saw he was wearing exactly what I was looking for. This is it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13540 users online. 441 members and 13099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X