• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first pursuit...

...was a ****ing ATV

This job is the ****

Why were you chasing it?

Comment

Pretty lame reason but he was driving on a public paved roadway at high speeds and then turned down a gravel road in front of my Sheriff who I was driving past at the same time. Sheriff took off on him and I headed up the road to a cut him off and caught up to him where he turned into a driveway and behind a house and down a trail leading to the river. As my taurus has **** clearance I was on foot after that and eventually found the ATV stuck between some trees and the occupants gone.

Some facebooking and contact with local agencies and we figured out who owns and rides it. Sheriff is pretty ****ed about it.

Riveting stuff, I know.

Comment

So once again, what was your justification for the pursuit?

Comment

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ran a stop sign, riding ATV on the city streets. Can't have all that.

Doesn't your agency have General Orders regarding pursuits? A pursuit over minor infractions could end badly for you.

Comment

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          My sheriff instructed me to pursue. He was involved as well. Pursuit here is being loosely applied but technically I was chasing him.

• Iowa #1603
          Iowa #1603 commented
          Editing a comment
          My agency would pursue on those matters

In Iowa all traffic laws are criminal in nature and most are arrestable

Wow........

Comment

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have I mentioned I'm trying to lateral?

Yeah

Congratulations. My first at any real speed (25mph trying to eat all the weed doesn't count to me) was over a tag light, about 85mph on back roads, ended up with a half ounce of weed on a guy who was in transition center about to come off a 10-year prison sentence for shooting at cops a few counties up, didn't want to show his hands when he lost his footing going up an embankment behind an abandoned building, it almost ended really badly. I had been with that agency for two weeks. Got my second about a month later, 65mph on city roads, also over a tag light, burglary parolee with weed. Watch them tag lights dude.

Comment

What is this "pursuit" thing you speak of?
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8075 users online. 381 members and 7694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X