300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain to Mouth Disconnect

All my in-house psychologists, I had a weird thing happen today. I've been doing this job for 13 years now but all of a sudden, I went to key up my mic and my mouth didn't want to make the sound that my brain was trying to make. I had to force out my callsign and then my radio transmssion... it was really strange. Like, if dispatch called me, I had no problem responding, but when I would try to call out my own patrol checks or anything, it just wouldn't happen. This is the FIRST time in 13 years that this has happened, minus once or twice on FTO.... any ideas? I know I didn't have a stroke... It's like I had a disconnect from brain to mouth, or my mouth just was too lazy to do any work today..lol Thanks!!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Early onset of dementia ?

Comment

Time for a check up. Seriously.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Do you take statin drugs for cholesterol?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
          All my in-house psychologists, I had a weird thing happen today. I've been doing this job for 13 years now but all of a sudden, I went to key up my mic and my mouth didn't want to make the sound that my brain was trying to make. I had to force out my callsign and then my radio transmssion... it was really strange. Like, if dispatch called me, I had no problem responding, but when I would try to call out my own patrol checks or anything, it just wouldn't happen. This is the FIRST time in 13 years that this has happened, minus once or twice on FTO.... any ideas? I know I didn't have a stroke... It's like I had a disconnect from brain to mouth, or my mouth just was too lazy to do any work today..lol Thanks!!
          You need to see a medical professional ASAP. This is nothing to mess around with.

Sounds like expressive aphasia which can get progressively worse. And yes, it's often brought on by a stroke. What makes you so sure you DIDN'T have a TIA ("mini stroke")? Next time it could be a devastating full stroke. Please get checked out by a neurologist.

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup...…...

See a doctor ASAP! Had a family member that had a similar issue. He wanted something but couldn't tell us what he wanted. Turned out to be a stroke.

Comment

It could also be something stress- or anxiety-related. Add enough pressure to any vessel, and it'll eventually find a way out -- sometime in very unexpected or hard-to-explain ways.

Same advice: Start with your doctor.

Comment

I think it's stress or anxiety related, TBH. I've been having a rough time in general at work combined with a little one at home learning to crawl and walk. I don't take any drugs or medications any I'm generally healthy minus being a little overweight. At my last checkup a week ago I was in good health. I will mention this at my next one, though.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
                I think it's stress or anxiety related, TBH. I've been having a rough time in general at work combined with a little one at home learning to crawl and walk. I don't take any drugs or medications any I'm generally healthy minus being a little overweight. At my last checkup a week ago I was in good health. I will mention this at my next one, though.
                This is not a "casually mention it the next time I see a doctor" kind of thing. This is just short of a "drive straight to the emergency room" kind of thing.

Comment

When was your last vacation - a real getaway, no contact with anything work-related, needed re-training when you got back to work vacation? How is your physical fitness level? Exercise at least every other day, blood pressure normal, bodyfat no higher than low average? Activities outside work that aren’t at job-related?
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8100 users online. 384 members and 7716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X