Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on making it successfully to the finish line!

My last day, I came from the jail after having booked my last bad guy, did my daily, turned in my radio, unit keys, narcotics testers, e ticket book/printer, emptied out my locker, unloaded my junk into my wife's vehicle, did my last sign-off, took pics with the guys/gals and then left with my wife and daughter. That was the last day of '15 at 1800 hrs, but I had to come back the next working day to turn in my uniforms, vest, coats and one badge - the supply guy let me keep the other one. The BIGGEST weight was lifted off my shoulders when I left HQ for the last time!!!

I only go back once a year for annual qualification for honorably retired peace officer carry.

Comment

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds great!

We will be relocating thousands of miles away, so I will be qualifying elsewhere for LEOSA, and will probably not be back.

24 days and counting...

Less than 21 days to go...

Comment

Congratulations bro. Retirement AND relocation...what a deal!

Comment

Congrats. See you back in uniform in a few months!
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol...…...

I retired out of court security. My last day was just like any other. And it finished with a transport of a custody back to the jail. Because he was a high-risk inmate, another deputy went along. We’ve known each other since high school, were security guards together, and I had him in the car on his first day as a deputy (his FTO was off that day). That was one of s couple events that closed out my career with things going full circle. I went back to the locker room, changed out and that was that.

There was no traditional big-deal retirement party. My fellow firearms instructors and air support crew had a mobile party with me. There is a local party bus, an old short bus (yeah, definitely some symbolism there) outfitted with party lights and a sound system that takes groups around to the local breweries. For $75 a person, you go to three breweries, get two beers and a behind-the-scenes tour at each one, plus you can bring your own drinks and snacks on the bus.

The sheriff had two of us retiring at the same time in for a patrol call where he presented our retiree badges and ID cards after a two-minute speech. Short and sweet, low-key, which was still more than I wanted.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4972 users online. 203 members and 4769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X