300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own Gall's Dual Strobes?

Anyone own Galls Self Contained Dual Strobe Dashlight?

I've been looking for some lights to add to the rear deck of my vehicle (would be using 2 units in back). Our light bars do a decent job lighting in the front...its high speed traffic approaching from the rear that worries me
    These will obviously be paid for out of pocket and are in the price range I wanted to spend. Anyone familiar with them? The product description can be found --HERE--

I used to own one many years ago until i sold it. It's not very bright, but is good for a secondary rear deck lights. If you want something good and bright, aside from LED's, the whelen dashmisers are very good.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by rgv_cop View Post
      I used to own one many years ago until i sold it. It's not very bright, but is good for a secondary rear deck lights. If you want something good and bright, aside from LED's, the whelen dashmisers are very good.
      I'd love to go with the LED's but just a tad out of my price range for the Whelen LED's, although galls lists their own brand at a much lower price but I don't know if its any good.

Comment

I just wanted to update this post to see if anyone had any opinions on the Whelen Talon Dual Lens LED Dash Light's. While a bit more money than I wanted to spend, I did some research and it looks like they are a better investiment (longer life, etc). Anyone have any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
          I just wanted to update this post to see if anyone had any opinions on the Whelen Talon Dual Lens LED Dash Light's. While a bit more money than I wanted to spend, I did some research and it looks like they are a better investiment (longer life, etc). Anyone have any opinions?

I just installed one of the Whelen Talon Single lens Red/Blue over the weekend and last night was my first night using them!!! They are awesome, they are blinding, and you can see them for miles out!!!! Highly highly highly recommend them.

You can get a good deal on them from aztrooperstore.com That's where I got mine from, and I have a dual lens coming in next week to put in my front windshield!!!
          "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Here is what they put in our cars, think they do a pretty good job.

http://store.ombexpress.com/dl03x.html

Little video of em in action on my car

http://www.gregg.kaidok.net/Rear.MPG
            sigpic

Comment

I have two Signal Mini Phantom LED lights on my rear deck. For $99 a light, these are the best lights out there for the price. They are on sale for $89 right now at Galls. They have 35 flash patterns and are super bright. I know you were looking at a different light, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in! Stay safe.

http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...DL171&cat=6171

Comment

How about a traffic advisor in the rear? Studies have shown that the more the rear of your police cruiser looks like a construction scene, the less likely you are to be struck.

When people are approaching a construction scene (especially at night) they see the yellow flashing lights and immediately their brain says "ok, move over and slow down."

When people are approaching a police cruiser with it's red and blue lights going, people's brains immediately say "ohhh what's going on" and rubber neck all the way past you.

I'm not sure if you've ever noticed, but when you're driving your car will tail the direction you look. Really...you do. Give it a try (safely) next time you're out and about.

Food for thought. Stay safe.
                -Stay safe

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I ended up picking up 2 sets of the Whelen Dual Talon's. A local shop had a pretty decent price on them. I'll post some photos and/or video soon. I installed them today and will finally get to see them on midnights tonight

I also went to radio shack to see if I could find those cigarette lighter adapters with the toggle switch on the box but unfortunately, they do not carry them any more. I have it set up OK for now but will re-do some of the wiring on my next rotation off.

Comment

Wow...these things are bright at night LOL. I was not expecting them to be that bright. Here is a video of them...and my camera did not like the nighttime one

Daytime
                    Nighttime

Comment

everyone on my squad made fun of me for buying extra lights for my patrol car, and already in 7 short weeks I've already blown a fuse while responding code 3 to an accident and lost all my emergency lights except for the Whelen lights that I purchased.

I bought a single combo for the rear, and the dual one in the front. I've had the one in the rear for a couple of weeks and just installed the one in the front. The Whelen dual lens is unbelievably bright, like amazingly bright.

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Taylor, go to Wal-mart, they have the cigarette lighter adapter with a toggle switch. I have that plugged into my 12v supply ports, and then both of my lights plugged into the adapter (it's the 1 to 3 adapter) that and always leave the on/off switch on the lights themselves on, then I mounted the cigarette lighter adapter right next to my control box for my overheads so it's one movement to turn on all of my lights...

I know that's a mouth full but i'll take some pictures tonight to explain it.

Comment

I had checked a bunch of places for that cigarette lighter adapter with a toggle. I found plenty of the splitters but had a hard time finding one with the toggle. What I did was bought a regular splitter and spliced my own toggle switch into it. I then made a bracket to go over my radio..drilled two holes in it. One toggle switch is for my LED's and the other one goes to my regular light bar (I have an older car where my regular light bar is not wired into the ignition..I have to power up before each shift and power down at the end). I'll snap a photo of that a little later.

Comment

I have two wheelen duel LED's in the back, clear, but very bright when lit up. Almost no one has a clue my vehicle is an LEO vehicle, but thankfully the government did a nice job equipping it, with lights on the grill, dash, rear, and on each side!, you can't miss it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6131 users online. 370 members and 5761 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X