Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applicants with CPLs: No Prob or Red Flag?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Colorado it's neither here nor there. You can carry a loaded handgun concealed in your vehicle without a permit, open carry of handguns is legal and in some parts of the state common, a long gun loaded as long as the chamber is empty and I probably stop more people with guns on them or in their vehicle than without.

That said, if somebody is exercising their "right" by getting government permission to do so... they're not the problem.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Ratatatat Do you know if those armed people you mentioned all legally carrying concealed at the time of those incidents?

I'm thinking that most of the time people carrying on a carry permit are the responsible gun owners and I think it would be a non-issue with most departments. I'm a Fed and I can't recall ever getting asked about having a permit at all. I don't think it came up when I worked WADOC either.

That being said, getting government permission to exercise a right is asinine but that is my opinion and a topic for an entirely different thread.

Comment

• Ratatatat
        Ratatatat commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. All mentioned were legally carrying.

Goof-balls are goof-balls, whether they choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights or not.

Comment

I was in Arizona last week. While in a store waiting to buy some items, half the people in front of me waiting in the line were carrying pistols on their hip. It was clear none of them were law enforcement officers of any kind. Everyone there was much more polite than here in California.
        Last edited by SHU; 07-31-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          That has been my experience also.

No problem around here with a weapons permit...................................UNLESS you are driving a Crown Vic
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We don't care. Every officer at my agency has one, along with massive gun collections. We don't care if you have a permit. It would be more likely to raise an eyebrow here if you don't have one. I might even feel a little bad for you, imagine having to pay to exercise a basic constitutional and human right. It is in no way a factor, but if I was forced to make it one, I'd say I would worry less about someone with a permit freaking out like an idiot when he encounters a citizen who has a gun.

Comment

Why would an applicant with a carry license raise a red flag?

I would evaluate every applicant equally for their suitability to as an officer. I'm not going to single out the applicants with a carry license for extra scrutiny. And I'm not going to automatically DQ them for having one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10932 users online. 550 members and 10382 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X