300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacemaker and still working the road

Does anybody here have a dafibulator or pacemaker and still work in law enforcement.
    I have a heart problem and my doctor has not stopped me from working but did talkto me about getting a difibulator or pacemaker

any comments would be greatly appreciated

Pacemaker

Didn't get a pacemaker, but had tripple by-pass surgery in 1999. Remained on active duty untill retirement in 2005. In that time frame, I was a supervisor, still rolled on calls, still worked enforcement, wrote citations etc. I guess each case is different, by mine was a definite wake up call. Went to cardiac re-hab, and have been hitting the gym 4-5 days per week since. Gym work includes cardio stuff, plus the weight pile. Based on my situation, I'd say you have a definite shot at continuing your career. Listen to your Doctor, stay in shape. Hope things work out for you. Good luck!!

Comment

god heal your heart,and good luck.if you still go the go ahead,GO AHEAD,no matter what the new day brings.be wrapped with courage from angels wings....

Comment

Not me but another Sgt.on my dept had a 5 bypass and has a defib,implanted and he does just fine.My Lt.had a 5 bypass just before Christmas and is back (sort of,he is out this week do to a back injury on a murder scene,and I am stuck with the job),so I wouldnt sweat the small stuff ,as long as you follow Drs.orders about diet/excercise etc.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Put your heart into it

I had 5 bypass surgery back in June of 06, back on the street and the doc wants me to get a defibrillator implanted, have not yet decided, but one Sergeant here has one and is experiencing no problems , its a personal decision , weigh the pros and cons, there is a risk in getting it done and no guarantee it will work if needed. Good luck
          law dog

Comment

My sister has one, Shes a Paramedic, but we dont carry them in our squad cars, quite expencive i think, and we all just got stab-proof vests, so i doubt we will be getting anything else for a while.
            We scream for fear of suffering silence. - Savage Garden

Comment

Originally posted by NZCadet View Post
              My sister has one, Shes a Paramedic, but we dont carry them in our squad cars, quite expencive i think, and we all just got stab-proof vests, so i doubt we will be getting anything else for a while.
              Haha, I think your thinking of something else.
              I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4805 users online. 290 members and 4515 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X