Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Info Block/Exemption

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Public Info Block/Exemption

    What other public information block can we file for in Florida?

    My DL is blocked, mailing address is the PD
    Tax/Property appraiser blocked my house
    State Department
    County Voting

  • #2
    Bwahahahaha. It won’t help you. EVERY database with your name on it is accessible by crooks.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Bwahahahaha. It won’t help you. EVERY database with your name on it is accessible by crooks.
      Many yrs ago I had all the "blocks" in place............................................. ..then drove my take home billboard home each night and parked it in front of my house.

      Stupid

      Originally posted by 9Ball View Post
      What other public information block can we file for in Florida?
      Give me your name and city and I will have your address in 20 minutes using PUBLIC google searches
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

        Many yrs ago I had all the "blocks" in place............................................. ..then drove my take home billboard home each night and parked it in front of my house.

        Stupid

        In that club, Brother.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          . ..then drove my take home billboard home each night and parked it in front of my house
          Even an unmarked car still looks like a cop car. And in a town of 1,000 people, everyone still knows what you do.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by reils49 View Post

            Even an unmarked car still looks like a cop car. And in a town of 1,000 people, everyone still knows what you do.
            Yea, I was living in a larger city at the time........................

            Today I am not even sworn but I get people stopping because they know I work for the sheriff. & only occasionally have a squad at home........................
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

            Comment


            • #7
              I've gone to all the sites... intellius… pipl… a dozen more... and slogged through the "remove my info" steps (which, btw, those sites don't make that process simple. Often it's a quasi-hidden link in tiny font). Didn't make a bit of difference.

              The reality is this: if you own a home, paid taxes and utilities, are a registered voter, or have ever held a driver's license, your personal information is out there, vapor trails in the ionosphere floating about for whoever wants to know.

              About the only way to have no profile is never get married, move to Stibnite Idaho, have an attorney set up an anonymous trust to purchase (and pay taxes) on a homesite, build a cabin in the mountains with solar panels and rain barrels, use only cash and trac phones, and mooch rides off people with driver's licenses.



              Gonads are useful for their purpose, but they are no substitute for brains.

              -Paul Harvey

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Bwahahahaha. It won’t help you. EVERY database with your name on it is accessible by crooks.
                3C’s is unquestionably correct. Be concerned with private databases as well as public.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only saving grace is having a very common name. If you are a 'William Jones' or a 'Thomas Smith', there is enough metadata out there for like named people to at least confuse whoever is looking....
                  Gonads are useful for their purpose, but they are no substitute for brains.

                  -Paul Harvey

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                    The only saving grace is having a very common name. If you are a 'William Jones' or a 'Thomas Smith', there is enough metadata out there for like named people to at least confuse whoever is looking....
                    I'm SOL on that one, lol. Extra locks on the door, firearm in the house, big dog, and increased situational awareness for my spouse/kids have to be our safeguard.

                    OP, the steps you took may help, but in this day and age you just can't hide your personal info anymore. Better to take precautions in your everyday life and deviate your normal routines so you don't get static.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      About a decade ago I worked for WA DOC, got sent a letter from an inmate trying to sue me, Allan Parmalee, total pile of human waste. Got my address from the phone book, fortunately it was forwarded because I recently moved. Wrote the inmate up for it. Started carrying shortly after. Not a whole lot else you can do really.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm not going into any great detail because of Op Sec (as in my personal Op Sec) but many years ago I was involved in a high profile arrest of a prominent person supported by militia organizations. For years, I had eyes in the back of my head in case some chawbacon foot soldier in the local hayseed army decided to follow through with their initial threats. To this day, my name is listed on a couple of militia websites, even though the incident occurred a long time ago.

                        Most of those types are big talkers online/puttycats in real life BUT there's always a concern that talk could become action. I've tried to diminish my search engine information, with limited success. I've taken reasonable steps of preparation in the unlikely event someone does come after me and specifically bought a house in a no-outlet neighborhood (only one way in and out) in the country to reduce access and traffic. If someone drives by my house not from my neighborhood, I take notice.

                        Plus: I have a doppleganger out there- someone with my exact first, middle, and last name. He lives a couple of states away and because we are distantly related (or so I suspect), several identifiers get mixed together online and it appears we are the same person. My point is if someone were to go after me solely based on information from those search engines, I figure there's a 50% chance they would find the wrong person.
                        Gonads are useful for their purpose, but they are no substitute for brains.

                        -Paul Harvey

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                          I'm not going into any great detail because of Op Sec (as in my personal Op Sec) but many years ago I was involved in a high profile arrest of a prominent person supported by militia organizations. For years, I had eyes in the back of my head in case some chawbacon foot soldier in the local hayseed army decided to follow through with their initial threats. To this day, my name is listed on a couple of militia websites, even though the incident occurred a long time ago.

                          Most of those types are big talkers online/puttycats in real life BUT there's always a concern that talk could become action. I've tried to diminish my search engine information, with limited success. I've taken reasonable steps of preparation in the unlikely event someone does come after me and specifically bought a house in a no-outlet neighborhood (only one way in and out) in the country to reduce access and traffic. If someone drives by my house not from my neighborhood, I take notice.

                          Plus: I have a doppleganger out there- someone with my exact first, middle, and last name. He lives a couple of states away and because we are distantly related (or so I suspect), several identifiers get mixed together online and it appears we are the same person. My point is if someone were to go after me solely based on information from those search engines, I figure there's a 50% chance they would find the wrong person.
                          40 odd years of dealing with the criminal minds I only had one real scary incident. Several smaller ones but only one that I would call major

                          I have been 'threatened" more times that most & actually sued over 100 times in federal court (never found guilty) mostly over crap in the prison system.

                          Back in about 1994-1995 I was the supervisor of a Administrative Segregation living unity in a Maximum security prison and at the time we were holding 20 or so LONG TERM segregated Crips/ Bloods after an incident where another supervisor was assaulted. For a number of reasons the Warden didn't want to sent the bangers on Diesel Therapy so we kept them in Seg.

                          We were gasing someone nearly every day, at one point wearing raincoats and face shields when walking the range and do a lot of Use of Force reports. I spent a lot of time playing negotiator and TRYING to solve problems but loosing most of the battles.

                          I was dealing with a GD inmate who just wasn't going to play nice and things got real heated. I ended up OCing him and taking him down quite hard. He turned to me after this was over and made the following statement " I am a Gangster Disciple and I WILL find you and kill you and your whole family when I get out."

                          I believed him whole heartedly " The 4 page incident report was filed at work, at the local sheriff's office, and a copy kept in my home files until I retired. I kept track of him by computer until I retired which was long after he got out of prison

                          The incident gave me the "reason" to get a concealed weapons permit....back when it wasn't an automatic thing in my state AND the Institution discouraged it
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think I have tried getting my name off these sites before, just like I have registered on Do Not Call....Bwahahahaha. Wasting my time each time. I just tell people who bring it up "if you come to my house, something bad is going to happen".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
                              I. I just tell people who bring it up "if you come to my house, something bad is going to happen".
                              I normally asked them how fast they could run...................normal answer was FAST

                              I would counter can you run faster than 1475 feet per second.......they would look at me funny

                              I would reply...............that's how fast a .357 bullet flies

                              I usually got an OH CRAP in response
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 7999 users online. 441 members and 7558 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X