300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Maintenance

To all the folks with a Bike Unit, who handles your bike maintenance? Is it in-house or do you take the bikes somewhere? Our guy who handled our in-house repairs left and I'm thinking of taking over the spot, pending the maintenance and repair courses I am planning on taking. Do any of you guys do your unit's bike repairs?
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

I work for a very small agency. I'll do the simple repairs that we learned how to do in the IPMBA course, anything more extensive I take it to a local bike shop that charges us for parts and very little for labor.

If we were larger I would prefer to keep it in house personally.

Comment

There are 2 members of our bike unit that take care of most maintenance. Both are avid cyclists and can handle most of what's needed. Anything beyond their capabilities is handled by a nearby bike shop.

Comment

We send them out to a reputable bike shop. We are in the process of getting someone in to the IPMBA maintenance repair course. I imagine major issues will still be dealt with by the bike shop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6939 users online. 244 members and 6695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X