Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone's agencies offering recruiting referral bonuses?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone's agencies offering recruiting referral bonuses?

My department recently announced we're expanding our roster fairly significantly over the next 5 years, which is going to put extra strain on already-challenged recruiting efforts. To help, the brass just authorized fairly significant recruiting referral bonuses.

There are stipulations of course -- the recruit has to last at least a year, for example.

Has anyone had experiences with this sort of program? Did it work?

We use to have them on my job years ago. I made a pretty penny with a few of them. But my management now lacks the competency to run a lemonade stand, much less offer anything that would encourage recruitment and retention. But to answer your question, yes they did work. I imagine they would work anywhere provided that the bonus money was significant enough to get people really looking for recruits.

Comment

Not the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP); we get WAY more applicants than we can accept, even when we had to add temp barracks, and that is despite us NOT being unionized, or with an Association, since 1873. The Association SHOULD BE in place in the next 2 years, and pay will hopefully rise up across the ranks. We have the advantage of offering a wide variety of geographic and duty postings, plus fancy schmancy uniform, so, yeah...no scheckles for press-ganging.
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9933 users online. 408 members and 9525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X