Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Agent question?

delete delete
    Last edited by mcall80; 12-20-2007, 06:51 PM.

Even though his record is sealed, BIs have ways to access them. It might reflect on your friend's judgement ability, demeanor and personal comportment.

Tell him/her to be honest with the BI and be certain to document the incident along with the disposition of the case.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Tell your 'friend' that this doesn't sound like an auto-dq, but it really depends on the circumstances of the fight. Best case scenario, your 'friend' will have to put a little more time between the incident and getting hired.

Also, your 'friend' needs to be completely honest about it. There's no such thing as sealed or expunged in a background investigation.

Good luck to you...er....I mean to your friend.

Comment

Special Agent

Please let me emphasize once more, that in a LE background investigation there is no such thing as an expungement, or sealing of a record. It can, and will be accessed by the Background Investigator. Your friend should apply. He should fully disclose the arrest. Whether or not he is suitable for employment will be determined by the agency in question.

Comment

Usually backgrounds for Federal positions are investigated by the office of personell managments investigative division (that's who did mine), but I have seen some backgrounds being performed by contract employees. Not sure how that works...The only thing that I can say about your friends incident that i noticed is that it was two years ago. That is relatively recent. The whole, I was young and stupid and made a bad decision rap won't work very well cause it was only two years ago.

Comment

delete delete
            Last edited by mcall80; 12-20-2007, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
              I know of people who have got there arrest record expunged but never heard of it being sealed.
              It's two terms that mean essentially the same thing. The procedures are different in different states. The net effect is that the record can't be used against you in any future proceeding. Anyone that truly believes that a sealed or expunged record ceases to exist is drinking their own bathwater. There is always some part of the record that gets forgotten about, and you can't seal the memories of the people that were involved in the case.
              Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Usually, the kinds of arrest records that are going to be automatic DQ's are those involving integrity issues, drugs, or violent or sexual assaults. That doesn't leave much uncovered, but simple assault, especially an arrest without a conviction, absent other aggravating circumstances, is probably not going to be a DQ.

Emphasis on the word "probably".

Lying about it, however, and having it found out, will be a DQ for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5871 users online. 348 members and 5523 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X