300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD's/FOX Reality "The Academy"

premieres on 5/24 on FOX just in case you guys are bored and see how the LASD trains...

http://www.foxreality.com/show.php?id=25292

A Fox Reality original, The Academy provides a gripping behind-the-scenes look at class 355 as they enter the Los Angeles Sheriff's Academy to train to become some of the county's badge-wearing, law-enforcing finest.

Watch the recruits as they are put through some of the rawest training you'll ever see on TV!

Witness some of the most arresting action that class 355 experiences!

Go along with a select few of the recruits as they reveal their own real, personal journeys that brought them to The Academy!

Fox Reality's The Academy: Raw. Arresting. Real.
    Last edited by ask80; 05-02-2007, 12:10 AM.

hmm... I'm not sure if I like the idea of this or not. I don't exactly want a lot of the tactics we use out for public view.

I'm sure the TAC Staff has the same issue, so the editors will hopefully take care of it.

I'll watch

Comment

I agree, seems like television and media gives away more and more police tactics these days. But hey, as long as they make money on the show right? Thats what's important.

Comment

Hopefully it will just be a lot of screaming and yelling. Show the recruits running their tails off and a lot of pt. If they actually show tactical stuff, BIG MISTAKE.
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Ask80

I know this is splitting hairs, but that should read "County's badge-wearing, law-enforcing finest."

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Class 355! I think I'm getting ill, or maybe just dementia. I was in Class 19X.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

hey EDJ you should email fox reality .. i just copied and pasted from their website.

Comment

Dont think they'll be showing alot of tac stuff that people don't know already. I'm sure the dept. will edit alot of stuff. "COPS" shows more tac stuff than anything, IMO. That's one reason they don't ride with us anymore.

Comment

They did a show like this here called "Police College", and it resulted in a few of the scum from my town using the tactics against us, had to break out the mase!Blazin413 is right.
                  We scream for fear of suffering silence. - Savage Garden

Comment

Oh boy I can be reminded of the academy. When thats over can I watch a show about getting teeth pulled? That was an equally fun memory.
                    Originally posted by FJDave
                    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Bad idea....

Let's think about this.... You are in the academy and have a little trouble in your emergency vehicle operations course. You run down 6 or 7 road cones. Fast forward two years later, you are involved in a pursuit, and in the process, idiot pedestrian decides he wants to see the "COPS! - Live" show and darts in front of your squad car. He becomes a road pancake.

Fast forward to the inevitable lawsuit -- what video tape do you think will be exhibit #1....It ain't going to be your dashboard camera.... That would exonerate you. Mr. Defense Attorney will be asking, "Isn't it true officer, that you had trouble not running down innocent road cones even as far back as the academy?"..........

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeCU View Post
                        Bad idea....

Let's think about this.... You are in the academy and have a little trouble in your emergency vehicle operations course. You run down 6 or 7 road cones. Fast forward two years later, you are involved in a pursuit, and in the process, idiot pedestrian decides he wants to see the "COPS! - Live" show and darts in front of your squad car. He becomes a road pancake.

Fast forward to the inevitable lawsuit -- what video tape do you think will be exhibit #1....It ain't going to be your dashboard camera.... That would exonerate you. Mr. Defense Attorney will be asking, "Isn't it true officer, that you had trouble not running down innocent road cones even as far back as the academy?"..........
                        that is about as good as your own police cheif saying he is appauld when his guys supposably use excessive force on the May 1st demostrations... wish that guy would grow a pair.... politics....I love how the news people say they got hit when they were trying to get to their van... HELLO, police say move... you move, you do not try to cut their path, take a short cut to your van... you move the way they say..... as for the people whining... no order to disperse....hmmm, cops in riot gear.... did they think they were there to get a hot dog.... take the hint, when riot gear dressed cops show up.... it is time to head home.... IDIOTS!!!!!

Comment

esp don't mess with Metro Division Cops.

Comment

hmm...not to mention these guys wont have any undercover assignments for a while!

Comment

i just read that some of these Metro guys won't be in Metro anymore. what a bunch of BS from the Chief and Mayor.. talk about nonpro-police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5973 users online. 357 members and 5616 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X