300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promotional test preparation?

I work for my local SO and am currently applying to take the corporal test for the jail. What if anything should I brush up on? I know each department is going to be different, but from your experiences whats usually on these test?

Ive asked around and it seems that there is a little bit of math and reading comprehension..all at about the senior High School level.

Thanks
    unc25

I'd say make sure you know your policy and procedure book.
    -Stay safe

Comment

Promotional Test Prep.

Good advice on knowing your Policy and Procedure Manual. Additionally, I'd be prepared for some questions concerning your judgement as a supervisor.There could be questions as well concerning administrative matters. inmate rights/privileges etc. Okay, I'm guessing. Why not ask your supervisor if there are any specific areas you should study?

Comment

Originally posted by unc25 View Post
        I work for my local SO and am currently applying to take the corporal test for the jail. What if anything should I brush up on? I know each department is going to be different, but from your experiences whats usually on these test?

Ive asked around and it seems that there is a little bit of math and reading comprehension..all at about the senior High School level.

Thanks
        unc25
        Look at the Leadership Features page on Officer.com (click on Features, then Leadership, at the top of this page), and look for Elvin Miali's articles on career development, or do a search for his name. He writes a monthly column for Officer.com, and promotional exams are his forte.
        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

My agency puts out a reading list that all test questions come from. See if your agency does the same. Our test have been heavy on criminal law, search and seizure and scenerio questions. What ever is on there start studying now. The more your prepared the better you'll do. If you wait until right before the test as I did the first couple of times I took it you won't get far. In my agency if your not in the top 5 of the final list there is not guarantee you'll get promoted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5950 users online. 343 members and 5607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X