Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega17632
    replied
    nothing feels better than that one bead of sweat starting at the middle of your back and rolling all the way down your crack...ah so refreshing...ha!!!

I'm just glad I don't live in Georgia anymore where it's 100% humidity

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by AZLawDawg View Post
    I'm torn on the issue, hearing that the shirts make you sweat even more is not good to hear - especially working in 118 degree Arizona. What exactly is the bonus of UA in this climate? i'm just not seeing it.
    THE SHIRT DOES NOT MAKE YOU SWEAT MORE!!! You will probably sweat the same as you do now. However, you will not feel the sweat on your body because the shirt pulls it away from you. To me it feels more comfortable not to have sweat rolling all over my body while I am working and when I get home and take my armor off I am not dripping in sweat.

Leave a comment:

• billtex213
    replied
    Try the LOOSEGEAR short sleeve t-shirts! They work great!

Leave a comment:

replied
    I've tried expensive undershirts and sent them back, they were worse and hotter than cheap cotton ones. The 5.11 utili shirts (only ones that come in a 3-pack) are the best. I bought a pack to try and just ordered some more. They are only 19.95 for 3 at most online cop stores.

Leave a comment:

• lionheart45
    replied
    Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
    I wear the white under armour compression shirts and I LOVE them!!!
    White?! I hope you do your own laundry! lol

I have tried the compression shorts, they are nice and comfy because they don't move but I don't like the way no new air gets down there and your totally the opposite of "fresh".

Leave a comment:

• Bssthound98
    replied
    Ua Feelings

I used to be the LE rep for Under Armour when they first made a push for the Police market.

I was immediately sold on it b/c I wore it running & it worked as promised. Then I left that job and got hired.

I wore the heat gear tight fit under my vest, my vest was more free to move, which was nice, but when the moisture wicks to the outside of the fabric (like it's supposed to) I would sweat through my uniform shirt.

On recommendation of a coworker, I started wearing the UA tight fit heat gear under my vest w/ a cotton T over it. It worked great. The UA kept me cool & dry (on my skin), but my cotton T was drenched at the end of the day.

I then purchased the loose gear. Over the summer, it's the way to go. Fits like a White T, keeps you cool & dry... and has anti-microbial "stuff" to keep you from smelling all funky.

I swear by UA during the winter. The mock-turtleneck is all I wear under my long sleeve shirt, sometimes w/ another mock-turtleneck over it.

My only dislike is like someone mentioned, the feeling you get at the end of the shift, where you feel clammy & its all been trapped in. But if you touch your skin, it's dry. And you stayed cool.

My $.02

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Has anyone tried the UA-type underwear?
    Yup, I bought one pair of the black boxer briefs to see how I like them (not the boxers or the compression short style). After ONE wear I bought 3 more. I will wear nothing else now. Doesn't roll up in the pant leg and get bunched, they stay in place, they are great. I work 12 hour shifts and I couldn't be happier. I also wear them when I work out. I'm SO much drier after cardio than when I wore cotton Hanes boxer briefs. Might sound funny, but when Mr. Happy is made happier, I'm happy

Leave a comment:

• Omega17632
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnyradar View Post
    I sweat alot more when wearing UA shirts. I've changed to cotton shirts and at the end of my 12hr shift I don't feel like I've just climbed out of a swimming pool. I also never wear white shirts, thats just painting a target on you. "triangle of death"
    I agree with the white t-shirt thing...but the management won't authorize anything but white undershirts...

Leave a comment:

• SammyCal1
    replied
    Remember, UA shirts will not prevent sweat, but help sweat pass through and evaporate instead of being absorbed by the shirt. I prefer the loose fit to the tight fit.

Sammy

Leave a comment:

• rgv_cop
    replied
    Thanks for all the replies. I know someone mentioned the underarmor chones and I have kind of a spinoff. Those that do wear the tighter compression shirts, do your nips ever get sensitive once u take the shirt off?

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by five04zog View Post
    Let us not forget the “cold-gear” under armor. I’m currently in Alaska and loved them when it sunk to -30/40 degrees this winter. I just got a lateral cop job in Nevada. I got lots of under armor “heat-gear” in the closet. It should be interesting. My first summer will suck. I Lived in the Desert before, but was working the jail then. I didn’t need to sweat the heat (no pun intended )
    The cold gear is the best. I no longer need a coat or sweater and don't feel like the pillsbury doughboy when going to work in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by School Cop View Post
    Laugh if you want, but...

Has anyone tried the UA-type underwear? I but Wal-Mart shirts and haven't seen any cheap wicking underwear (I hear snorts of laughter about here) but let me know if you've used UA or found some cheap you like. I like boxers in the winter and boxer briefs in the summer, but I'm not totally comfortable any time.

I saw some the other day at wally world...haven't tried them though.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogerthump View Post
    After reading this thread, I decided to dig up some of my under armour shirts and give them another whirl. I have noticed that I do sweat more than with cotton shirts. They say they "wick" away sweat, but where does it wick it too? The shirt is tucked in and it doesn't just pool up at the bottom.

I like they way they look, and feel when you first put them on but the ones I have turned from white to grey real quick. Adn like mentioned, 25 bucks a pop for the cheapest ones is not worth it unless they are spun from gold thread.
    My UA shirt is wet at the end of the shift but for whatever reason my skin is dry.

I agree, I won't pay $25 for a shirt and after one year of washing the color is awful. The wal-mart shirts only last a year as well but I can get 2 for the price of 1.

Leave a comment:

• JonMcD1980
    replied
    I really don't think a tight fitting shirt is going to make you sweat more. Your body is going to sweat in the heat regardless of whether you are wearing a compression fit shirt or loose fitting tee. You are going to notice your sweat alot more with a shirt that wicks the moisture away from your body because it is going to do that and where does it go...into your vest and uni shirt. I love the UA shirts (but wal-mart versions do same thing for 1/3rd the price so I opt for them). HOWEVER...all those jerks at the gym who wear the underarmor shirts, please stop or else put a shower towel on the bench...tired of having the benches look like two fat people just got done having sex on it...my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• johnnyradar
    replied
    I sweat alot more when wearing UA shirts. I've changed to cotton shirts and at the end of my 12hr shift I don't feel like I've just climbed out of a swimming pool. I also never wear white shirts, thats just painting a target on you. "triangle of death"

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4578 users online. 280 members and 4298 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X